PDA

View Full Version : Feeling fed up ! taken too much!

vic83
19-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Hi , hope someone can relate to this or help me decide what to do? Ive got my own 3 children 11,5 and 15 mth!
I have 3 others to pick up from school which i find ok. But ive taken another little girl same age as my daughter 15 mth i feel like ive taken too much getting the little girl its like having twins my daughter is very demanding and doesnt sleep at night i feel like i cant give her the attention that she needs during the day! Im feeling like i should give the little girls parents her notice but then feel bad as they have done nothing wrong its just me struggling as my own daughter is full on!! Advice would be appreciated!!

marnieb
19-01-2012, 01:13 PM
at the end of the day, its your business and you can run it how you want. If you feel that you have taken too much on, and financially you are able to, then give notice to the 15 mth old. You dont need to give a reason, just say the 'due to a change in circumstances you are no longer able to provide care from 30th March'.

hope this helps!!!

Tippy Toes
19-01-2012, 01:19 PM
If you feel like you have taken on too much then I think it would be best to give notice.

At the end of the day you have to do what it right for you :)

Hope things work out for you xx

ziggy
19-01-2012, 03:31 PM
I agree, give notice. I always say to prospective parents that if at the end of the first month i dont think things are going well i will give notice. It's hard to tell when you take on a new child/ren how thinks will work out

mama2three
19-01-2012, 04:00 PM
It will get easier though , the 2 children will get used to each other , your daughter will learn to share , both resources and you , and you will get used to the added workload , and deal with the guilt!
Id give it a little time , and have an endpoint in mind - if things havent improved by ...then you will give notice.

jane5
19-01-2012, 04:15 PM
If you are not happy I would give notice.

It does take a few weeks to get into the swing of things and to get to know the lo but I only mind under 5's because I wouldnt want to have a long day with lo's and then pick up others up from school and start all over again.

You have to do what is best for you and your family

singlewiththree
19-01-2012, 05:43 PM
It will get easier though , the 2 children will get used to each other , your daughter will learn to share , both resources and you , and you will get used to the added workload , and deal with the guilt!
Id give it a little time , and have an endpoint in mind - if things havent improved by ...then you will give notice.

I agree it may be difficult now but if you dd slept through you may feel better and they will play beautifully together as they get older. However, you may put up with it now and stuggle only for the parents to leave as she got older for one reason and another and then you have struggled for nothing

kirstya
19-01-2012, 07:33 PM
When I started my Level 3 qualification I felt like I had taken on too much. I didn't know what to do as I hate to let people down - but then realised that (finances permitting) that is the beauty of childminding and that you can choose when you work. I gave notice to 1 mindee, she was fine, found another minder within the notice period and now I am so much happier in my job - loving it in fact as the pressure is off, I can spend some time just with my children, and have time to do coursework. Sometimes we don't know how much is too much until we try it. If you can afford to and feel you would be happier, then I would give notice hun. Hope it all works out for you :group hug:

vic83
24-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Thanks so much for the reply's im going to give it another 2 weeks and see if things getting any easier with my little horror! :) xx