PDA

View Full Version : to those of you who have a two year old project child

debratina
19-01-2012, 07:00 AM
hi
i was just wondering for those who have a child from the two year old project how much help or input do you have from the referer, family visitor, childrens centre and other professionals.

Debra

mama2three
19-01-2012, 08:13 AM
very little once she was placed , but then to be fair the family worker did move on to another centre at the same time. I think I had a phonecall a term to see how she was getting on , and the early years teacher called by when I first started to give me the paperwork etc ( never explained it though!).
Every area is different though , you may find you get great support - and if not , ask for it!
The whole set up may be better once the extended funding is available to far more 2 year olds as stronger systems will need to be in place . or then again the already stretched staff will just have a heavier workload so even less support - guess we'll have to wait and see!

blue bear
19-01-2012, 12:01 PM
None is the short answer. I go and find my support and guidance through the D/O and childrens centre which I am so lucky both are fab. (written permission)

Donkey
19-01-2012, 01:21 PM
I get loads and loads of input from my referrer, in fact I see her every day, even evenings and weekends...

confused yet??

I am the referrer!!! Yep, filled in my own CAF with parents and then DO checked it over, submitted it myself, and placed the child with me...

much more straight forward!!

lol

Pipsqueak
19-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Very little on the 7 children I have had.
I have had to push, pull, cajole, and approch the referrer for more information, support etc.

the latest child I have I get on great with the referrer and i have had a CAF meeting with the HV and referrer (and family) however the portage worker failed to turn up.

TBH, if I want or need anything I will jump up and down and create waves until I get someone to listen.... lol

loocyloo
19-01-2012, 01:35 PM
i got lots of info and back up with my last LO, but mainly from my DO and childrens centre, as it took a fair bit of working out!

new child started last week, i got a little bit of info from parent support officer, but thats it so far.

but i want to know something/need something i phone/email/talk to people until i get what i want! childrens centre & DO are great.

i did have a form to fill in last term noting CLL and PSE skills, but that was it!