PDA

View Full Version : Mortgage/landlord permission

Cariad
18-01-2012, 11:28 PM
I wonder if you cam help me out here, I recently had a meeting with a business adviser. We were talking about setting up and he reckons that I need to ask my mortgage provider for permission to set up as a childminder - is this the case? I've read lots on here about having to ask a landlord but I don't thin ive read antthing about having to ask the mortgage company.

rickysmiths
19-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Yes you usually do have to inform your Mortgage company of any changes of use in the mortgaged property. You also need the written permission of your Freeholder or the Board of Directors of the freehold Company if you live in a leasehold property. If you rent your Landlord would need these permissions before they could give their consent for you to childmind.

I lived and Minded from Leasehold flat (for 10 years) that I was buying and lived in for a total of 20 years. The residents bought the Freehold from the landlords when they put them on the market. We set up a Freehold Company to oversee the running of the property, I sat on the Board and was involved in the whole freehold purchase process. We arranged the freehold purchase by the residents of 10 blocks of flats, a total some 260 flats.

sarah707
19-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Like Ricky says yes you need permission.

Ofsted often ask if you have a letter to show them giving you permission before they will register you.

Hth :D

Cariad
19-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Thanks - I'd better get onto that one then!