PDA

View Full Version : Got accepted for the EYPS!!!

jadavi
18-01-2012, 09:16 PM
After having to get up at 5.30 to organise my day and get there for the 8.30 interview I was delighted to be offered a place. Fully funded plus £800 for expenses incurred (such as relief childminding expenses for me today to free me up.)
The course sounds exciting and challenging and I love studying.

She's going to look into the feasibility of using some of the suggestions I may have given on here as evidence of helping other practitioners...has anyone else done this or thought of it?

So chuffed!!!

miffy
18-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Oh well done you!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Best of luck with the course

Miffy xx

rosebud
18-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Well done. Now you've just got to do the work!

The Juggler
18-01-2012, 09:27 PM
good luck you. I chickened out. Venus has done the EYPS recently :)

rickysmiths
18-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Well done you :clapping::clapping:

jadavi
18-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Thanks.
She thought that a lot of what I am doing getting ready for my first Ofsted inspection next month was very relevant to evidence needed for the EYPS. There are 39 units to complete...example of a change in my setting to accommodate a baby, example of a change in my setting to accommodate a toddler, example of a change in my setting to accommodate an older child...

Sorting out how to get the evidence is going to be the hardest thing but luckily I have all ages and stages.

samb
18-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Congratulations! How did you get it fully funded? Is it through your EY dept? I would love to do it but just presumed I couldn't afford it.

stardust
18-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Hey hun how did you go about doing this? x

sarah707
19-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Well done you! I hope you enjoy the course :clapping:

jadavi
19-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Samb, it's through the university. There are consortia of three unis together. 7 in total round the country. Nothing to do with early years dept at LA
It's like a PGCE apparently

samb
19-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Samb, it's through the university. There are consortia of three unis together. 7 in total round the country. Nothing to do with early years dept at LA
It's like a PGCE apparently

Oooo sounds good - do you apply to universities and then apply for funding etc - sorry I really have no idea how it works and would be very interested in doing it :)

jadavi
19-01-2012, 09:32 PM
I would contact your local university if they have early years Dept and ask if they do EYPS. Or find where these 7 consortia are based . Each one is made up of three unis. Funding is guaranteed with a place .
It's just been approved to run again so maybe this is the time to get in.
I only found out by an incredible stroke of luck.
Try google?