PDA

View Full Version : variation for two under a year??

CJ Thorn
18-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Hi,
i have been very quiet for 7 months with no under 5's and then had 2 phonecalls in one day,one for a baby age 3 months to start in 2 weeks,and the other a enquiry for a baby to start at the end of April...one baby would be 7 month and the other 8 months..aghhh..i rang Ofsted and explained and she e mailed me a variation form,which i have just printed off and now i have read the guidance notes,it seems they will on grant one for siblings,or continuity of care!!!..im confused as when i explained to the lady on the phone she didnt inform me of this.
C.x

JCrakers
18-01-2012, 06:23 PM
It is usually for siblings or continuity of care but you can but try....you never know.
Ofsted are so up and down you never know what theyre on about :D

Its a shame if you cant have both isnt it as work at the moment is hard to find and they are so near 1 :rolleyes:

Id be interested if anyone else has managed a variation

CJ Thorn
18-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Its so confusing as the family are really keen to have me..aghhh...i may call ofsted again tomorrow and ask advice as to whether or not its worth filling in the form!!..x
X

onceinabluemoon
18-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Don't worry about it, its the same form for everything and the two under ones variation works differently from the others in that it doesn't have to be for continuity of care and can be for new business. I have had this variation within a month of being registered and now have it again for 'life' both times was for new business, neither time was for siblings.

You will need to show how you can meet the needs of both babies and any other children you have, fill out what equipment you have or intend to buy etc e.g. twin buggy, two cots, two highchairs etc

Its really not as daunting as it all sounds and the form is pretty self explanatory. Good luck :)

CJ Thorn
18-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Thankyou for that..i will only have the two babies together Mon,Wed all day and fri am..but one mum works shift work so every other week it will be all 3 days 1.30 pm-4.30 pm and the only other children on my books are a 10 yr old 5 drop offs and 3 pick ups and siblings aged 5 and 8 only on a wed pm term time,and i dont intend to take on any others until the babies reach over a year ,so it would really just be caring for them,in my 11 years,i have never had to do this,so founfd it all a bit confusing.xx

onceinabluemoon
18-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Thankyou for that..i will only have the two babies together Mon,Wed all day and fri am..but one mum works shift work so every other week it will be all 3 days 1.30 pm-4.30 pm and the only other children on my books are a 10 yr old 5 drop offs and 3 pick ups and siblings aged 5 and 8 only on a wed pm term time,and i dont intend to take on any others until the babies reach over a year ,so it would really just be caring for them,in my 11 years,i have never had to do this,so founfd it all a bit confusing.xx

Write this on the form too. If you get stuck give them a ring and ask somebody to walk you through the form. I did as the first time I just emailed them and asked and the second time they'd bought this new form in and some of it didn't seem to make sense. They were really quite helpful :)

miffy
18-01-2012, 09:35 PM
OIABM is right - a variation for two under ones does not have to be for continuity of care. It sounds like you have the spaces to accomodate both babies but can't because they are both under one year - if Ofsted approve the variation it will stay on your certificate.

Good luck

Miffy xx

*daisychain*
18-01-2012, 09:45 PM
I got one after been registered for just three months,it was only for a short period of time until one mindee turned 12 months and my certificate came really quick :)

CJ Thorn
18-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Thanks girls,this has really put my mind at ease..ive ad experience of working in a baby room in a day nursery and also cared for much younger babies...ive recently had an extension,so now have more room also,and a 7 seater,ive had a really low year as business went downhill rapidly due to a change in 3 families circumstances..in effect i lost my job,im a single mum of 2 and had only just taken on the mortgage and bills, so this is a new start and would really hate to miss out as the families are lovely.
I will fill in the form and see how i go..xx