PDA

View Full Version : I now need to go and lie down in a darkened room

nipper
18-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Well, I did it...the walk home from school with six children (my own two aged nearly 5 and 7) two sisters aged 5 and 7, my new 'brilliant' mindee aged 3 next month who held my hand the whole way to school and back (what a star) and a 13 month old in the trusty old Phil and Teds. Having second thoughts about selling it now because I found out just how well it turns when steering one handed.

It wasn't nice having everyone staring at me, like they thought I was some mad woman though.

Phew, at least it doesn't have to be done again till next Wednesday.

miffy
18-01-2012, 05:56 PM
So, if went so well, why do you need to lie down in a darkened room? :)

Well done anyway and at least you have plenty of time to get ready for the next one! :D

Miffy xx

nipper
18-01-2012, 05:58 PM
They've all gone home now and I'm cream crackered!

gigglinggoblin
18-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Well done, thats how I felt first time I took out 4 littlies, 3, 2, 2 and 1. And I got the looks as well!

nipper
18-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Well done, thats how I felt first time I took out 4 littlies, 3, 2, 2 and 1. And I got the looks as well!

Just curious, which two walked or did you use a triple buggy?

miffy
18-01-2012, 06:06 PM
They've all gone home now and I'm cream crackered!

I understand that feeling! That's me most nights! :D

Miffy xx

BuggsieMoo
18-01-2012, 06:15 PM
I normanlly have 8 walking and 2 in a pram so know that feeling well. Some nights its all I can do to drag myself to bed. :blush:

JCrakers
18-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Well done you :D You'll get used to it after a while and it wont seem so bad.
I have six children most days from school.

But...what I AM trying to get used to is 3 under 5's on Thursdays...was pooped last week..Absolutely knackered and lying in bed by 6.30pm :laughing:

In feb I'll have 4 under 5's plus 3 older children for a school walk on a Thursday......eek
Super...Cant wait

mushpea
18-01-2012, 06:26 PM
I used to walk home with 8 and got the looks too,, made me feel like aproper minder with all those children lol
Now I only have one schoolie 3 days and on 2 days 2 schoolies and its not as much fun ,my littlies are gone by 2.30pm,, I much prefered it when there were lots of children and I didnt have time to stand still, I miss having a big crowd and hope more will come along soon.

maisiemog
18-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Well done! On a Tuesday I have 7, from next week will be 8 and its hard blooming work. I make them pair up and walk as a train, as we have to walk along a main road. Much easier since they put a zebra crossing in though!!!

And yep...I'm shattered by the end of it!

nipper
23-01-2012, 02:37 PM
:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:: panic::panic::

TooEarlyForGin?
23-01-2012, 08:10 PM
I have been quieter recently (mostly through choice) I used to love it when I walked around in the holidays with 7/8 kids of varying ages, I never minded the looks, especially when I could control all those kids better than some control 1.:laughing:

uf353432
23-01-2012, 08:23 PM
I've got to say I well up with pride on the walk home from school, depending on the day I have between 6 and 9 children to walk home, all in single file. I believe people look because they can't get over how under control they are. We are a very happy group and I love the big ganag around the dinner table. Enjoy it :)