PDA

View Full Version : Percentages

littlesprogs
21-05-2008, 05:03 PM
I know the percentages vary for gas/elec/council tax etc depending on how many hours worked.

But for other things like tv license, sky, phone, mobile phone, broadband, insurances, breakdown cover etc what are the percentages for these?

thanks
Louise x

cloud9
21-05-2008, 08:26 PM
I know the percentages vary for gas/elec/council tax etc depending on how many hours worked.

But for other things like tv license, sky, phone, mobile phone, broadband, insurances, breakdown cover etc what are the percentages for these?

thanks
Louise x

The t.v license can't be put in the accounts unless it is solely used for child minding, the phone is the total cost of all your business calls, broadband i wouldn't have thought you could claim unless its solely used for childminding and breakdown cover cant be claimed if you are basing your mileage on the AMP Rule (40p a mile) only if you are claiming actual mileage costs

Hope this helps::)

Pauline
21-05-2008, 08:33 PM
I agree.

For your insurance you can put down whatever extra they charged you due to childminding.

Kat
11-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Hi,

I know that you can claim percentages of gas, electricity etc but I heard as well that when you childminding in your own home and it will come to the piont of salling some those reduction can be paintfull??? as far as heard those companies want percentages of your sale price as you did some money ... did any body heard something like this??? anybody had any experiance with that?
We have flat which I know we will sell in few years time and I realy dont want to make mistake????
Help please
Kat

sarah707
11-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Kat, I suggest if you are concerned you ring the Tax office self employment helpline ... :D

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/Taxes/WorkingAndPayingTax/DG_10016920