PDA

View Full Version : NEf and business plan

JCrakers
18-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Morning,

Ive got someone coming to see my today from EY about becoming accredited. I need to see what extra work needs to be done.

The other day I had a lady ring me about needing to put together a business plan which I though very strange.
I thought a business plan was put together for a business asking for a loan to tell the bank or loan company how stable and sustainable your business is??
She said can I come and see you on Thursday morning, I said 'Well I have 3 under 5yrs so cant really see how Im going to have time to sit down and have a decent conversation...lol'
She seemed surprised and said ' Oh what about Friday morning then? I said ' I have the same children...Im a childminder......:rolleyes:

Anyway I'll ask the lady today all about that....very confusing

JCrakers
18-01-2012, 11:43 AM
omg...bit overwhelmed by it :panic: Dont know if I need to do this right now??

First of all I have to do a 2hr course which is fine. If I can fit it in as its not going to be anything less than a 25min drive away.
Then a business plan with help
Then someone will come and visit and look at everything (bit like an Ofsted visit, but they will help me and look at anything Im not doing correctly)
Then they will submit it

Just a bit overwhelmed at the moment as she was here over an hour going through everything that needs to be in place. ANd if I need it for Easter I need to do it now...eek

blue bear
18-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Go for it, it's hard work at the initial stages but will calm down after you've got everything in place and so worth it as it gives you another string to your now and helps you to stand out when work is slow.

SamBaker
18-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Would love to know how you get on, I was asked by my DO if I would as there are none in my area, she's going to ring me in March as hopefully I will have nearly finished my level 3 by then.People I have spoke to have said it is worth it.
Good Luck!!

xx

babs
18-01-2012, 12:54 PM
in just in the process now and my network co ordinater came our went though form with me had explained it all is coming back end Feb. I haven't had to do a business plan now I'm confused..

JCrakers
18-01-2012, 01:16 PM
in just in the process now and my network co ordinater came our went though form with me had explained it all is coming back end Feb. I haven't had to do a business plan now I'm confused..

Think it differs from county to county. Different counties ask for different things. I have to have Ofsted good or over, level 3 in childcare, progress from the start training and a business plan.
The business plan i have to do sounds like a pain but it only has to be a 6 page document so I suppose its not too bad.
:rolleyes:

Im going to sleep on it and decide tonight

babs
18-01-2012, 01:30 PM
I've also been told got to do every child's a talker course so I can get 2 year old funding that's coming in.

loocyloo
18-01-2012, 01:38 PM
i don't have to do a business plan and i'm accreditated and offer 2, 3 & 4 yr old funding ( part of a pilot scheme for 2 yr old funding )

my DO came to see me, looked at my paperwork etc, read my SEF, assessed me against her criteria, then another DO had to come and 'finish' me, so that 2 people had said i was suitable! and thats it!

i have my DO visit every few months, and i have regular training events on a saturday, that i do travel for ( this weekend driving an hour! ) as my area is VAST!

i'm level 3 as well.

JCrakers
18-01-2012, 01:46 PM
i don't have to do a business plan and i'm accreditated and offer 2, 3 & 4 yr old funding ( part of a pilot scheme for 2 yr old funding )

my DO came to see me, looked at my paperwork etc, read my SEF, assessed me against her criteria, then another DO had to come and 'finish' me, so that 2 people had said i was suitable! and thats it!

i have my DO visit every few months, and i have regular training events on a saturday, that i do travel for ( this weekend driving an hour! ) as my area is VAST!

i'm level 3 as well.

mmm...I wouldnt agree to Saturday training as I have two children 9 and 12yrs and weekends are family time. Working a 51hr week and putting them to the back of the list in the week, they get all my time on weekends. I take dd horse riding sat 9-12pm and I like weekends to be work free :D
Admire you though for doing that :D but that would sway me towards a NO....

JCrakers
23-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Well Ive got someone coming tomorrow do go through my business plan. We will see how that goes when I have a 2yr old and a 3yr old :D

Ive got 'Progress from the start' booked for March so Its all going forward.

Just got to wait for the inspection to see if Im doing EYFS correctly...eek. She will go through each bit and score me 1-4, 1 being the highest.

Scared now...lol

flowerpots
23-01-2012, 01:53 PM

i'm level 3 as well.

Im exactly the same as loocyloo. :)

loocyloo
23-01-2012, 03:10 PM
weekends are family time for us too, but i would rather give up an occaisonal saturday, than have to take a day of during the week, and then not only need to sort out alternative care for minded children, but care for my own children.

i need time for 'me' and i generally enjoy the training i attend! it isn't possible, due to the vastness of my area, to offer training in the evenings. i attended some this last weekend, and some minders had travelled for over 1 1/2hrs!

JCrakers
24-01-2012, 12:20 PM
weekends are family time for us too, but i would rather give up an occaisonal saturday, than have to take a day of during the week, and then not only need to sort out alternative care for minded children, but care for my own children.

i need time for 'me' and i generally enjoy the training i attend! it isn't possible, due to the vastness of my area, to offer training in the evenings. i attended some this last weekend, and some minders had travelled for over 1 1/2hrs!

:D you sound very commited..not sure if Ive got the same approach to this :blush: Probably because I was approached by a parent rather than thinking of doing it myself first.

Ive just been through the business plan I have to produce and I really dont see the point of it :blush:
Ive got to include everything about my business and myself. Strengths, weaknesses, where and how I advertise, why parents chose me, where I am now, where I want to be, where I see my self in a years time, how many children i have, how many children i expect to have(?) and all my expenses and earnings

Plus...is there really any advantage for me? The parents get the free care with me which is wht they want but do I actually benefit at all from all this extra stuff I have to do?
I had no enqiries for 10months last year and the council wont put me at the top of the vacancy list will they?

Starting to wonder if its worth it????