PDA

View Full Version : Grant

Jodie1989
18-01-2012, 08:08 AM
A lady asked me yesterday and I couldn't help her due to only getting the grant that pays for registration, she is able to have larger grant- lucky her, but she doesn't no if she has to buy all safety equipment and toys first then provide receipts? I couldn't emagine you would have to with larger grant as how would she afford this.

Slightly confused any suggestions?

sarah707
18-01-2012, 06:23 PM
I think she needs to speak to the person who is awarding the grant. It varies depending on where you live.

Hth :D

buildingblocks
18-01-2012, 09:00 PM
A lady asked me yesterday and I couldn't help her due to only getting the grant that pays for registration, she is able to have larger grant- lucky her, but she doesn't no if she has to buy all safety equipment and toys first then provide receipts? I couldn't emagine you would have to with larger grant as how would she afford this.

Slightly confused any suggestions?

In 2003, when I registered, in our area the start up grant was £300 I got an extra £300 on top because I lived in what was then a sure start area. I had to buy everything first and give receipts to get the grant. Luckily my mum loaned me the money and meant I could buy bunk beds at the time as I was going to be providing overnight care. I also had to ge the okay that everything on my list was covered. I do know that if you couldn't afford it our LA let you order from one of the educational catalogues