PDA

View Full Version : All over a quid!!!!!!!!!!

berkschick
21-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Oh gosh, I am so mad!!!!!!!!!!

I had a 10 month old baby this afternoon while Mum went for a job interview.

I had her round for a coffee on Friday for an hour, drew up temp contract, had all permission forms printed and signed ( telling you all this to build up the picture!! Lol) I have exchanged endless email with her reassuring her all will be ok, which is fine, I understand her being uncertain.

Anyway, we agreed 12pm - 4pm today for £4 per hour as it was occasional minding.

Anyway, she arrived at 12.15pm. Baby was asleep for first 30 mins, then I had to feed her lunch, change her explosive nappy and to be fair aftee that, she was very happy and content to sit and play.

So Mum turns up at 3.55pm and tries to give me £14 :angry: I pointed out it was £16 so then she said she had arrived at 12.30pm as planned, eerrr no, it was 12.15pm and we had planned 12pm!

This went on for about 10 mins so in the end I just said oh just give me whatever. She asked me for change so I said I didnt have any so she tipped her bag and the babys bag out all over the floor searching for change! Baby was screaming her head off! In the end she gave me £15.

But the joke of it is as she left she said what a wonderful job I did and was there anyway I could make room her her LO by giving others notice!!!!!!!

OMG!!!

Blaze
21-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Some people really make you wonder!:rolleyes:

katickles
21-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Take it your response was NO!

:laughing:

sarah707
21-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Errr... sorry, but I seem to be very busy all of a sudden :laughing:

ma7ie
21-05-2008, 03:32 PM
What did you say, or shouldn't I ask?:D

Bevbeetle
i had a parent once who said i had over charged them by £1.00 ( i didnt realize i had) i said sorry forgot all about it the next week i gave them the bill they said you havent knocked the £1.00 off i laughed thinking they were joking they werent. My husband went mad said if thats all im worth it not worth doing so i gave them notice. The parents in question the dad was a dective in police the mum was a doctor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crazybones
Oh dear :panic:

Pudding Girl
21-05-2008, 03:33 PM
:eek:

I think I know what my answer would have been!

Pipsqueak
21-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Speechless :eek: (for once - quick someone frame my post!!):D

berkschick
21-05-2008, 03:37 PM
I am full and unable to take this LO on and there is NO WAY I am giving notice to any of my little poppets to take this one on!!!!!!!

I said no, I was happy with the kids I had!

Blaze
21-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Speechless :eek: (for once - quick someone frame my post!!):D

Gotcha!!!!:laughing:

littlewonders
21-05-2008, 04:05 PM
OMG!! :eek: Some people are just beyond belief!

Splish Splosh
21-05-2008, 04:11 PM
unbelievable are some people having a joke:panic:

Spangles
21-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Amazing! Some people!

Trouble
21-05-2008, 04:42 PM
imagine what a nightmare she would be at the end of the month

SimplyLucy
21-05-2008, 04:42 PM
and she seriously expected you to change other mindees to fit her in after all that fuss over £1..........:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Best laugh I've had all day!

jaz
21-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Quite incredible, how some people behave is just beyond belief at times!!

Glad you said you were busy

j
x

charleyfarley
21-05-2008, 04:52 PM
They do make you laugh, parents that is, quibbling over a pound

Carol xx

jaja
21-05-2008, 04:59 PM
:mad: how rude!!!!!!! and petty, i just dont understand some people! If i were you i would busy if she does come back to you.

xxxx

Banana
21-05-2008, 06:25 PM
OMG!!

Bet I can beat it though get this.

I had to buy nappies the other day for one mindee. Brought the receipt home, put it in bag etc.. anyway dad askes how much they were and I said oh £6, well, £5.98 to be exact, just smiled at him. and so he added exactly the £5.98 to the weeks money and I spent ages searching around for a 2p for change, he could have just rounded it up to the £6 but he was standing waiting for me to find the 2p :eek:

I know its his 2p change, but I didnt think he would have been that bothered!

berkschick
21-05-2008, 06:29 PM
OMG Lana, now that really is petty.

I would have written him a cheque :laughing:

emler
21-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Some people :eek:

Emler x

flora
21-05-2008, 06:35 PM
May be they subscibe to the theory of " look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves!!!!"

Damn silly people :eek:

Twinkles
21-05-2008, 08:53 PM
May be they subscibe to the theory of " look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves!!!!"

Damn silly people :eek:

I think in this case " they can look after their babies themselves " :D

angeldelight
21-05-2008, 08:55 PM
How pathetic

Angel xx

Wendy Woo
21-05-2008, 09:01 PM
As i have said b4 our lives would be alot simpler if we could just have the children and not deal with the parents!!!!!! Tee hee

miffy
21-05-2008, 09:07 PM
You sure know how to pick 'em Debbie :laughing:

Think you've had a lucky escape

miffy xx

ma7ie
21-05-2008, 09:10 PM
OMG!!

I had to buy nappies the other day for one mindee. Brought the receipt home, put it in bag etc.. anyway dad askes how much they were and I said oh £6, well, £5.98 to be exact, just smiled at him. and so he added exactly the £5.98 to the weeks money and I spent ages searching around for a 2p for change, he could have just rounded it up to the £6 but he was standing waiting for me to find the 2p :eek:

That's priceless:laughing: :laughing:

Sorry to laugh but it's so sad, it's funny.

disney
22-05-2008, 05:56 AM
tell you what girls you have laugh or you would cry . i know what you mean yes its their money but sometimes it wouldnt hurt if they showed us how much we are really worth . you now parents often say to me i just wouldt be able to go out to work if it wasnt for you :D then in the next breath its have you got my change :eek: x

susi513
23-05-2008, 09:40 AM
OMG!!

Copy from me - I put on the back of my invoices "Ways to Pay" and under Cash I put that I don't have change, any overpayment will be credited to future fees. So if they don't have the right money it just comes off the next bill.

Yesterday I got paid with the mindees pocket money !!!!! Boy did I feel mean taking it. But I only had 7p in my purse. Hope he got paid back when his other parent got home.

miss muffit
23-05-2008, 11:16 AM
OMG Lana, now that really is petty.

I would have written him a cheque :laughing:

written him a cheque now that would of been funny :laughing: :laughing:

imagine his face :angry:

RedDragon
23-05-2008, 12:45 PM
I had a parent who kept putting the date off when she had promised to pay me - it was getting near 3 months I think so I gave her an itemised bill and said that it was time to pay.

She came back that evening with a cheque less 55p, the reason? I had taken her children alongside my own to his parent's evening and because it was my son's parents evening she didn't class that as me working so took the time off (same school etc).

berkschick
23-05-2008, 12:50 PM
I had a parent who kept putting the date off when she had promised to pay me - it was getting near 3 months I think so I gave her an itemised bill and said that it was time to pay.

She came back that evening with a cheque less 55p, the reason? I had taken her children alongside my own to his parent's evening and because it was my son's parents evening she didn't class that as me working so took the time off (same school etc).

OMG now that really is plain silly!

Pipsqueak
23-05-2008, 01:31 PM

For goodness sake:eek: If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny - well actually it is funny!!!

Banana
23-05-2008, 02:53 PM

shocking!

x

Michelle M
26-05-2008, 08:13 PM
OMG!!! I did laugh out loud then and hubby wanted to know why, he couldnt believe the cheek of some people

Tily Bud
26-05-2008, 08:41 PM
OMG !!! Some people are sooo penny pinching xx

miffy
26-05-2008, 08:43 PM
It's always good to know you're valued :rolleyes:

As already said some people are sooooo mean

miffy xx

yummymummy
27-05-2008, 10:32 AM

What about the three months interest you could have charged for your money sitting in her account?!! It really can be one way traffic with some parents!