PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever feel like the big bad wolf?

buzzy bee
17-01-2012, 06:31 PM
I feel like I just nag the older school kids. I have to ask them the same things over and over, like please don't throw things, please don't shout, please don't teach the little ones to hit you, please don't play leap frog so close to the telly etc etc.

And then they keep doing those things so then I say "please can you do what I've asked you"

etc etc.

And sometimes I just feel like all I do is nag them and that they must hate coming here!!

rosebud
17-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Thats why I don't look after older ones. My oldest one is 4 and I've had him since he was 6 months so knows that when I say stop that is what I mean. I'm sure you'd know if they didn't like coming though.

Zoomie
17-01-2012, 06:55 PM
all the time ........

and my 3 mindees love being the 3 little pigs :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Sorry, I couldn't resist but we have been doing a lot of role playing lately.

On a more serious note, ask the children to repeat back to you what you have said to check they are understanding / listening and then if they still persist follow through on consequences. My own children are the worst :(

mushpea
17-01-2012, 07:10 PM
yep one 6yrold was very contray tonight,, didnt want to do anything I suggested yet delighted in doing things she knows she shouldnt then proceeded to tell dad she was bored and she refused to talk to me and went home crying because i then pointed out to dad all that I had suggested! she really trys it on somtimes and she is even worse with mum and dad and will go home and tell them all sorts of untruths so i txt mum tonight and told her,, the txt was the size of an essay!

JCrakers
17-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Yes, all the time.

I have to constantly repeat myself to the older ones of which all are boys :D

My biggest gripe is walking to school sensibly and putting shoes on at the end of the day. I always nag and repeat myself but funnily enough they all love coming...lol

buzzy bee
17-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the reassurance!

ziggy
18-01-2012, 08:25 AM
I find when i just have the two boys all is well, they play so well together but when the 6yr old girl is here ( as lovely as she is lol) it is madness. I guess they just have to let off steam after school, which is why i like to walk home, weather permitting and then let them out in garden.

Back in the summer holidays i got the schoolies round the table and together we produced 'house rules'. Each child signed and took a copy home, as well as putting copy on playroom door, so each time the behaviour was out of control i just said 'take a look at the rules' it seemed to work

mandy moo
18-01-2012, 09:27 AM
all the time ........

and my 3 mindees love being the 3 little pigs :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Sorry, I couldn't resist but we have been doing a lot of role playing lately.

On a more serious note, ask the children to repeat back to you what you have said to check they are understanding / listening and then if they still persist follow through on consequences. My own children are the worst :(

Yep, so know that one :o

All my mindees after schoolers,( boy 4y 11mths, boy 7yrs, girl 5yr 10mths and girl 9yr 9mths) I prefer it funnily enough, they can all be cheeky to a certain extent, especially the boys, the almost 5 who wouldnt say boo to a goose, well he started reception in September and now you cant stop him talking or anything else :laughing:

kellib
18-01-2012, 09:34 AM
I'm like that with my own son, he's 6, so I don't have any other schoolies cos I think it would drive me mad never mind them!

Ripeberry
18-01-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm always nagging. But to my own kids ;) Most of my mindees are under 4yrs old anyway, they would not listen to much nagging. But they will listen when they need to :thumbsup:

mindingmummy
18-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Oh I feel like the big bad wolf only all of the time!!

I mostly feel bad seen as its just after Christmas, and the new children keep managing to find my daughters 'personal' toys - the ones I would rather she didn't share....feel bad taking them away when they aren't really doing anything wrong....

Only just started having lots after school so also in a bit of shock of having to say 'no' a lot more than usual...

The Juggler
18-01-2012, 01:42 PM
lol I thought you meant because the children kept asking you the time every 2 seconds :laughing::laughing:

however, in answer to your question, yes all the time. not in the day just once the biggies come home. don't pick the baby up, don't pick the baby up, don't pick the baby up, leave the baby alone, leave the baby alone.....

do you see a pattern :laughing::laughing::laughing: bless 'em they love the babies so much they cuddle them to death and the poor things can't play :rolleyes:

funemnx
18-01-2012, 07:37 PM
lol I thought you meant because the children kept asking you the time every 2 seconds :laughing::laughing:

however, in answer to your question, yes all the time. not in the day just once the biggies come home. don't pick the baby up, don't pick the baby up, don't pick the baby up, leave the baby alone, leave the baby alone.....

do you see a pattern :laughing::laughing::laughing: bless 'em they love the babies so much they cuddle them to death and the poor things can't play :rolleyes:

Oh so glad it's not just me J, all I tell my little 'mummy' is please don't pick up the babies!! Sigh!!

mindingmummy
20-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Oh so glad it's not just me J, all I tell my little 'mummy' is please don't pick up the babies!! Sigh!!

OOH!! im not alone then?? :clapping: