PDA

View Full Version : What would you charge for extra hours?

Mouse
17-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Mum has aked if I could have lo an hour longer one day next week. That would mean collection at 3pm, but I am on the school run then so said mum will have to come at 3.45pm.

It got me wondering. If you had a similar situation, would you charge until 3pm, the time mum requested, or 3.45pm, the time I have said it will have to be (though I only do whole hours so it would be 4pm)?

As it turns out I'm not going to charge anything as I need to finish early one day & mum has said she will come early, so it cancels out the extra hours.

I was just curious as to what other people would do!

adele1985
17-01-2012, 01:18 PM
hi hun

I charge a set price for half day, full day and afterschool so they pay the same regardless of what time they pick them up

If its going to be before 7.30am or after 6pm (the hours i work) I charge £7 per hour which all my parents have been fine with

If it was me id discuss it with the parent she may want just to pick her lo up early when you have made plans

Tippy Toes
17-01-2012, 01:45 PM
I would charge the extra hour.

You have said you cant do the hours they requested but you can do x hours.

Its up to them whether they want to proceed with that, if not other option would be to pick little one up earlier.

Dragonfly
17-01-2012, 02:02 PM
I would charge to 4pm.

jane5
17-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I would also charge until 4pm.

She is paying you to care for her child and you will be caring for lo until 4

Mollymop
17-01-2012, 04:19 PM
I would charge til 4pm. If a parent needs you to work for them but you are unable to do the exact times they want I feel in my opinion they should work around you.
Lots of times I have requests for me to work 8.30 but I am on school run then so they have to be with me at 8am, so I charge from 8am xx