PDA

View Full Version : overnight care - sharing my room - Age??

sharonmanc
17-01-2012, 12:00 PM
I am busy doing all my overnight care bits and bobs for my pre reg. I just wanted to know for those who do overnight care and dont have a spare room what you do.

My plan is to use my room, little ones i could share my room with, i was thinking until age 2 ish (still not made up my mind)

and older ones would have my room and i would go in with my daughter, as i dont want my childrens rooms to be accessed by mindees, so they have their own space day and night.

Was wondering at what age would it be seen unacceptable for a little one to sleep in a cot or bed in my room while I am there for Ofsted?

also did you do a sperate risk assessment for over night, I was thinking of adding it onto my bedroom risk assessment as alot of that is relevant for over night care

rosebud
17-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Yes do a separate risk assessment even if you end up repeating what you've already done, make sure you're clear on how the house will be exited in case of fire.
For your other question I would focus on meeting childrens "individual" needs, it may be appropriate for one 3 year old to share your room but not another and it would depend a lot on the childs and parents wishes. I don't have a spare room and when i filled mine in I gave the different options such as child sharing with me, child sharing with my child or child in my daughters room and her in with me but made it clear that it would depend on individual circumstances and the wishes of child and parent and would be fully discussed with them in advance.
I hope that helps.

sharonmanc
17-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Thank you rosebud, think this will be my mission tonight and get this doneand the risk assessment finally finished, I dont know why but doing risk assessments for me is liek pulling teeth.