PDA

View Full Version : How much to refund

snufflepuff
17-01-2012, 09:46 AM
I have to take DS to the dentist on Wednesday. It's about 30 minutes away which means leaving about 30 minutes before on of my mindees is usually collected. (Booked it before mindee started with me.)

I spoke to mindees Mum and said that she can either get someone to pick mindee up about 30 minutes early if she wants (and I'd refund the difference), or mindee can just come with us and we will drop her off at home afterwards- I made it clear that it wasn't a problem for mindee to come with us (she's no trouble at all and would probably enjoy it) so not to worry too much about trying to find someone to collect early.

Mum said that her Mum wants to pick mindee up at about 1pm. Would you refund the 3 hours?

Velleity
17-01-2012, 10:03 AM
You should just say that you are having an educational trip to the dentist heh ...

But otherwise I'd just refund those few hours personally.

flowerpots
17-01-2012, 10:28 AM
I think id just refund the 3 hours too. :o

Tippy Toes
17-01-2012, 10:29 AM
I had this happen to me one, told parent child would need to be collected at X time.

Parent was fine with this, then night before text to say she would keep the child home all day :eek:

Told her ok but I would still have to charge up until the time I told her I would need child to be collected.
Parent wasn't very happy about this so in the end told her as goodwill gesture I would refund the full day (this was when I first started minding and was green!)

Later that day her partner who is also self employed told her she was in the wrong and that she should still pay me :) She was very apologetic and in the end offered to pay the day and still keep little one home.

Sorry have waffled on a bit, Anyway my answer is: If you have given parent notice of the time you need little one collected then I would still charge up until that time as your still available to work until then. IYSWIM? :blush:

lozzy23
17-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Sorry have waffled on a bit, Anyway my answer is: If you have given parent notice of the time you need little one collected then I would still charge up until that time as your still available to work until then. IYSWIM? :blush:

This is what I would do.:)

mama2three
17-01-2012, 12:44 PM
I would only refund the half an hour , their own choice to come earlier than that.

miffy
17-01-2012, 01:36 PM
I would only refund the half an hour , their own choice to come earlier than that.

Me, too.

If you are thinking of refunding the three hours think also what you do if mum then said "Oh granny can have her all day, that will be easier" - would you be happy to refund a whole days pay?

Miffy xx

The Juggler
17-01-2012, 01:41 PM
its a toughie. thing is if mum HAD to take a half day off work to collect early then I'd say refund the whole 3 hours. However, I'd certainly NOT refund a whole day :panic:

Chatterbox Childcare
17-01-2012, 01:56 PM
I would refund the 1/2 hour as you asked for this. Do you think she will look for the refund or do you think you could use the money against food or soft play?

snufflepuff
17-01-2012, 04:07 PM
I don't think Mum will expect a refund to be honest, she would never ask for one. I'll refund the 30 minutes and leave it at that. Thank you everyone

Mollymop
17-01-2012, 04:12 PM
I would refund the 1/2 hour rather than the 3 hours if it were me.
You have offered to take lo to the dentist with you but she chose to have her picked up early, although it is because you needed the 30 mins off but it's only 30 mins xx

breezy
17-01-2012, 05:12 PM
I would refund the half hour or maybe offer to have extra half hour another time.:)

buzzy bee
17-01-2012, 06:50 PM
I had something similar where I had to take an afternoon off to go to a funeral so said I could have mindee until lunchtime.

Parents said it was too complicated for them to arrange that, so one of them just took the day as annual leave and mindee didn't come at all that day.

So I refunded the whole day. So I'd probably refund the whole 3 hours, even though it's annoying for you.