PDA

View Full Version : Starting Childminding

Mummy Day Care
16-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am really in need of some help and advice, I am a young mum with two children aged 3 yrs and 2 yrs, I currently am a stay at home mum, I would like to do childminding and I am doing the CACHE level 3 childminding course but I would like to work as well, unfortunatly I do not have anyone who could care for my children and I have seen that there are places that childminders hire staff members and you can work and care for you children, is this true? and if so, how do I go about it? if anyone has any other suggestions please feel free.

Thank you :)

Wendybird
17-01-2012, 08:32 AM
I haven't heard of this, but my guess is that arrangement wouldn't be profitable for a childminder. They would have to pay you minimum wage and your two children would take up two spaces - which means that even if the childminder was allocated 3 extra spaces by having an assistant, they would be out of pocket if they hired you (hope that makes sense).

Is there a partner or relative who could care for your children in the evenings and weekends? If so, you could maybe advertise yourself as a babysitter?

Hope that helps!

AliceK
17-01-2012, 09:42 AM
You could maybe look at a nanny job. Some will let you take your own children.
xxx

Mummy Day Care
17-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Thank you for your replies, unfortunatly I am stuck for help as everyone else works, I was looking for some independance to be able to support my children along with my partner, I'm sure I will think of something :)

buzzy bee
17-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Could you not do the level 3 on evenings? I did this last year... you can work as a childminder before you get your level 3, so you could work as a childminder in the day and then study when the kids are in bed (knackering but worth it!!)

Loushah
17-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Could you not do the level 3 on evenings? I did this last year... you can work as a childminder before you get your level 3, so you could work as a childminder in the day and then study when the kids are in bed (knackering but worth it!!)

This is what I am currently doing this at the moment. I have two sons (a 19 month old and 7 month old) and I childmind from 7:30 - 6pm Mon - Fri. It is hard work, however, it will be worth it when I have got the certificate.