PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Ideas for being assessed please!

Cazz
16-01-2012, 10:12 PM
As part of my Level 3 Diploma, I've got my assessor coming out on Friday and she wants to observe me doing a physical activity which I've got to risk assess and do a written observation for in front of her, then she will want to see evidence of next steps at a future visit.

I've decided to use my 12 month old mindee for my child study so has anyone got any ideas what I can do with him? (When she first told me about it she said it can be along the creative lines).

She's coming at 9.30am and I need to do something that doesn't take too long because he'll be needing a nap around 10.00am. It also needs to be something that my 2 and a half year old mindee can be involved with (he will probably be crying at this point because mum will have just left him and we won't be able to go to toddlers this week).

Please, please, please could I have some suggestions as I'm beginning to get really nervous about it now.

LittleBuds
16-01-2012, 10:47 PM
For gross motor skills you could build an assult course, my 13 month old and 15 month old love it. We get a dining room chair or two pulled out with a blanket over it, using balls or pull along toys they follow a maze around the room, through the chair tunnel, over cushion mountain, across yellow blanket sea (with added duck obstacles) and onto bench valley view (the finish line - a child height bench. maybe you could create something and the 2.5 year old can help, and guide the little one?

Otherwise for fine motor skills you could explore with gloop (my little ones hate it but I keep trying), or buy some of the crayola chunky beginnings crayons (suitable for 12mths plus) and allow them to either decorate a picture, or make marks on an empty page.

I'm sure once I get into bed I'll think of loads more. But hope this is some help or gets the creative juices flowing at least.

A.

mama2three
17-01-2012, 07:11 AM
How about playdough - great for physical dexterity sklills , 12 m and 21/2 yr old can join in , relatively mess / stress free - ( as long as 12 m old isnt attempting to eat it , one point for the RA!)

funemnx
17-01-2012, 04:06 PM
I know it's cold, but could you play in the garden? Ride-on toys and playing with balls?

I had mine 4 weeks ago and we played with carpet squares, dolls and teddies in the garden - it was cold but we just wrapped up warm.

Don't worry if it doesn't go to plan - I'd originally planned something completely different and the lo's decided they would play with the dolls and teddies so I got out the carpet squares.. :rolleyes:

babs
17-01-2012, 05:00 PM
music cd and dance with scarfs pom poms .. instruments..