PDA

View Full Version : repetition in self eval form?

jadavi
16-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Hi I am beginning to plough thru the my first sef form at last (doing it on Word as it will not save on the Ofsted site...why do they pretend that it does? GRRRR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>)

There is SO much repetition I am tempted to say .'see above' all the time.

What do you do? Keep repeating yourself? Why do we waste their time and ours by doing that? This is doing my head in...sorry:)

miffy
16-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Don't repeat yourself, just refer back to the page number wher you answered the question before.

It is repetitive, more so the further you get into it. No point wasting your time or the inspector's keep repeating the same thing.

Miffy xx

jadavi
16-01-2012, 08:53 PM
My childminding matter rep. told me today Ofsted often don't read it before hand anyway...

sarah707
16-01-2012, 08:56 PM
My inspector read (or ploughed through) mine!

I refer back to questions - I don't repeat myself. Be aware that the questions sometimes come at things from different angles -

How do you support a child is not the same as what do you do... for example.

I always recommend it is done in Word though because it can get lost on the Ofsted system and wrong buttons can be pressed.

hth :D

jadavi
16-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks Sarah :) you are too generous to Ofsted...'wrong buttons can be pressed'
Its not hard to press 'save' but 'save' doesn't save...ah well ya gotta laugh!

I think it's hilarious that Ofsted are so incredibly unorganised and inefficient...yet they submit us to such impossible goals!!

jadavi
16-01-2012, 10:50 PM
hey!! I take it all back!!! IT just saved!!!

So...sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't..... hmmmm
:)

miffy
17-01-2012, 07:44 AM
My childminding matter rep. told me today Ofsted often don't read it before hand anyway...

I would say that depends on the individual inspector. Mine asked me to email my sef (hadn't submitted it) to her so she could have "a good read" of it before she came!

Miffy xx