PDA

View Full Version : Working with assistant/partner - help with my worry pls?

andreaschildcare
16-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Hiya

My partner is thinking of working with me and we can fill the spaces but something is worrying me and im not sure if Im being silly?

Im worried that with extra children my house will look overcrowded and put current and potential families off?

What are your thoughts please? xx

Thanks

uf353432
16-01-2012, 05:31 PM
It depends on your house. I have a 3 bedroom cottage - I childmind on the ground floor and use the available space. After school I can have up to 9 children here ranging from 3 up to 9 yrs and the house seems to absorb them. My house doesn't look overcrowded and I love it when they all sit around the table for meals. Its rowdy yes - but happy - fun - spirited and good kind of happy rowdy. In the day I quite often have other CM friends round with their gang - i've had 12 before now - and the house and garden just swell to accomodate them.

I did worry that parents would think I was taking on vast numbers to bring in the wonga - but my house is still homely and children are settled and content which although I have lots of kids i've not lost the homely feel. It definately does not feel like a nursery.

pinky33
16-01-2012, 06:00 PM
If you use your space to it's full potential then you will be fine.
I work with my patner and we find that parents like that their child gets a balance between home setting/ small nursery.

Go for it x x and good luck

boxtree7
16-01-2012, 06:14 PM
same here - make the most of the space and it will be fine. It can be loud at times but be organised make sure the kitchen & toys are all tidy before all mindees go home. Go for it.

sandy64
16-01-2012, 06:57 PM
as others have said use the space obviously ofsed will only grant extra children if they think you have ample space for lo, so if ofsted happy why shudnt parents be:)

flowerpots
16-01-2012, 07:55 PM
This was my worry but the house DOES just seem to absorb them, it feels a litttle bit empty on the days i work alone now. :)