PDA

View Full Version : help CYPOP5 task 9

Carolh
16-01-2012, 03:35 PM
I am finally on the last task and just cannot get started - not sure what they want me to put -

Task 9 - Supporting children's behaviour can be key to a happy caring environment. Write a report which covers the following points:
• describe typical behaviours exhibited by children linked to their stage of development and key events in their lives
• explain how ground rules for behaviour and expectations are developed and implemented

Any help would be really appreciated !

Thank you

sarah707
16-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Stage of development behaviour includes things like toddler frustration and tantrums

Behaviour linked to key events might be when a child is stressed through a house move or new baby at home and starts to exhibit unwanted behaviour

For the rest you need to think about how your personal reflections and understanding of child development led you to write your behaviour policy and procedure and whether it works for all children.

Hth :D

Shamai
16-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Hi Carol

Hope this will help to get you started but have only done a brief example:

Typical behaviours shown by children according to their age can be as follows:

Babies around 6-18 months:
- tearful/crying (when away from main carer)
- clingy (usually to the main carer)
- shy around strangers

Routine, setting boundaries, cuddles/reassurance can all help to make the child feel more secure in a new setting.

xx

Carolh
17-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Thank you ladies - think I was looking into it too deeply - I can get started now I have a few pointers, really appreciate your help !