PDA

View Full Version : Amendements to contract?

Tippy Toes
16-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Hi All

Parent has requested to change her hours on contract, she wants a later start by 1 hour (from 7am to 8am)

I was just wondering do you implement the changes immediately or do you say you need a certain amount of time notice?

I have told parent its fine but i need 2 weeks notice so will implement changes to invoices from that date. Is this correct or not?

Thanks for any advice :)

cs01
16-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Depends on what you have written in your contract. If you are happy to make changes sooner than what you state in your contract then no reason why you can't do this.

You don't really want to be in a position where you have to be refunding parents though, so I would just apply the change to the next invoice (like you have suggested).

uf353432
16-01-2012, 06:14 PM
I do 4 weeks notice all round for holidays, changes to contracts, termination - everything. The notice should reflect what you have written into the contract. I keep mine 4 weeks to make it easier across the board and then people don't get confuddled!

Goatgirl
16-01-2012, 06:25 PM
I do 4 weeks notice all round for holidays, changes to contracts, termination - everything. The notice should reflect what you have written into the contract. I keep mine 4 weeks to make it easier across the board and then people don't get confuddled!

Same here: 4 weeks, as a change to a contract kind of makes it a new contract. I also make it clear that changes may be requested, rather than them think they can just change stuff all the time. (Learned this the hard way when a family kept messing me around with which days and how many per week!)
I may need to put up the rate if they drastically reduce hours, for instance :), or even give notice if I'm getting enquiries for a full time space but they hardly use enough hours to make it worth while .......

Entirely up to you how you do it :thumbsup:

best wishes,
Wendy :)

miffy
16-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Any change to the contract is subject to whatever notice period is mentioned in the contract but you and parent can choose to waive that if it suits you.

My usual rule is if the change means less money for me then the four weeks notice applies but if it means more money for me then they can change as soon as they want :D

Miffy xxx

samb
16-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Any change to the contract is subject to whatever notice period is mentioned in the contract but you and parent can choose to waive that if it suits you.

My usual rule is if the change means less money for me then the four weeks notice applies but if it means more money for me then they can change as soon as they want :D

Miffy xxx

This is what I do too :-)

Tippy Toes
17-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Thanks to everyone who has replied you have really helped! :)

Ive told her 2 weeks now so Im going to have to stick to that now but at least I know for the future! 4 weeks from here onwards!

Thanks again xx