PDA

View Full Version : 1ST VISIT IN A WEEK, ADVICE PLZ

katpoppyben
15-01-2012, 09:43 PM
hey everyone, i am very nervous about my first visit in a weeks time, i am very busy sorting out my garden after the storm and getting everything sorted toys etc but i am more worried i dont know all the paperwork side of it, what should i be reading up on specifically, also what specific uestions do they as you, i know everyones inspectors are different. xxx any advice gratefully received, kat :)

Rosy Days
15-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Good luck with your visit, I'm sure you will be fine, I found my pre-reg visit okay. With regard to reading up on things, just make sure that you have read and are familiar with the EYFS statutory framework as they ask you about that, also safeguarding is one you need to be familiar with. Also, make sure that you have assessed all H & S in your home and garden etc. Hope it goes okay :) x

danasdaycare
16-01-2012, 07:40 PM
SCSWIS like you to be aware of national care standards.

My inspector went over my service aim & objective, alongside my statements. She wanted me to submit my policies & procedures in the form of a parental welcome pack, which I did after the inspection.

Really lovely though and put me at ease. You usually get told verbally on day but then need to get letter sent to you with conditions and signed off by a higher manager prior to the certificate being granted.

The inspection part of it was not bad at all. I had gutted cupboards, but they did not want/need to see inside lol

:thumbsup:

vee35
22-03-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm in the process of getting all my policies and paperwork done with hubby putting up garden fences. I have my first SCSWIS inspection in 2 weeks and was just wondering what type of garden bark i need under the play equipment. We have bark down which does need topped up anyway but wasn't sure if i would need Childrens bark or just wood bark. Do i need to have all the outdoor toys in place before inpection or would a shopping list be enough to show what I will be purchasing.

danasdaycare
24-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Hi,

I don't have garden, so can't really help bark wise. Though I would think that you showed that you know risks of bark for young ones and your actions i.e constant supervision, teach not to eat it, the inspector would be ok with that.

My inspector was helpful, gave suggestions like 'instead of paper towels, it is ok to have different hand towel for each child, as long as it is washed regularly'.

Hold off with toys etc (unless you have own children toys), you do not know what children you may get at first. Sure you may want to conserve money being self employed, unless you have a second income at the moment. :thumbsup:

little kingdom
24-03-2012, 08:55 PM
hey everyone, i am very nervous about my first visit in a weeks time, i am very busy sorting out my garden after the storm and getting everything sorted toys etc but i am more worried i dont know all the paperwork side of it, what should i be reading up on specifically, also what specific uestions do they as you, i know everyones inspectors are different. xxx any advice gratefully received, kat :)

im in the same boat im getting inspected on thursday and im so nervous that i dont know some the things they might ask do you know if they check everything like the cleanness of the fridge and every toy that i have?
hope you get on ok fingers crossed

danasdaycare
25-03-2012, 05:28 PM
I was told be prepared for them to look anywhere, but my inspector certainly did not look in the fridge or even the cupboards.

Just wanted to know that getting locks for ones with cleaning products/medicines.

Mind you it may be different where you are and depending on your individual inspector too........

mrsgiraffe
26-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Hiya all, I was in the same state as you so so nervous before my pre-reg only had mine done last friday and I was up till late thurs night going over the house with a fine tooth comb. But she was so so nice, she started by going over my initial paperwork and checking my forms. She checked that my disclosure, doctors form, and references were back in. Then she checked round house and garden that was all fine no cupboard or fridge checks, and as long as I had my safety equipment she didn;t need it on the doors etc. She did check my bedroom so be warned they do go into every room as she said I could be hiding a 10ft python lol!!!! She then checked what paperwork I had done so far, and must admit I had been a very good girl and all paperwork was ready: so I had done all policys and procedures, aims and objectives, welcome pack for parents, cleaning, records, permission slips, and a draft copy of how I would lay out a childs folder.
Hope this helps, so I now waiting upon my letter of conditions which I will sign then wait for the important certificate and away I go.
The other biggy make sure you have your mains smoke alarms with certificate to show, and also if you have a boiler certificate too will go down well too.
Good luck and honest the worrying I did was really unnecessary so please try not to.
Emma