PDA

View Full Version : Wondering why...

sarahjane
15-01-2012, 08:02 PM
everybody leaves their tax returns to the last minute?

I sit down during the easter holidays usually and submit my tax return online as soon as I can for the previous year. This way I have the amount I am due to pay in January and I save a set amount each month to cover this.

It makes life so much less stressful :)

rosebud
15-01-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm a goody too and submitted ages ago. I think its because I claim tax credits though and they need figures of earnings in July so have to do it early. I also used to leave my accounts until the end of the year and then have to do a years worth of accounts in one go - I do it every 3 months now - much easier.

sarah707
16-01-2012, 08:06 AM
We do ours in April / May as well so we know if there is going to be a bill and we can save for it.

I couldn't do it last minute it would worry me too much :panic:

A friend of mine always leaves it to the last gasp she says she doesn't want to know!! :laughing:

PixiePetal
16-01-2012, 08:18 AM
I like to do mine as soon as possible but have to wait for DH to sort some figures on the house we have that we rent out :rolleyes:

He has an accountant and leaves it all to him, and does it about August/September.

This last tax year I told him I would work it out myself and submit. His accountant came up with a higher figure for expenses and it would have brought my tax down so think DH has learnt his lesson and will do his earlier this year :thumbsup:

Have told him to start sorting his papers now to send to accountant :thumbsup:

solly
16-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Mine is always done April/May time as DH is an accountant so gets it out the way :)

wendywu
16-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Mine always has to be in before the May half term. I cannot leave any thing to the last minute. :D

Chatterbox Childcare
16-01-2012, 09:43 AM
I try to do it in April but it isn't always possible - this for example I have changed to Actual useage of bills rather than percentages and didn't have all the information

catminder
16-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Every year I tell myself I'm going to be more organised and get it done as soon as the form comes. I haven't managed to so far, I'm always sending it off mid-October - I'm one of the naughty ones :blush:

onceinabluemoon
16-01-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm just not that good, sorry.

Pipsqueak
16-01-2012, 11:21 AM
oh we can't all be perfect - its more fun leaving it till the last minute!:D

sarahjane
16-01-2012, 11:29 AM
:laughing: different people eh? I only do it early so I know how much I have to save up and for tax credit purposes. It's nice to know its done though, and I hope all doing it at the moment don't get too stressed out ;)

little chickee
16-01-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm a last minute Annie!!

No other reason other than i always mean to do it and never seem to get round to it.

Nothing like a deadline to motivate you!!

miffy
16-01-2012, 01:38 PM
I'm just not that good, sorry.

Me neither! :o Every year I say I'll keep next years up to date but I never manage it! :laughing:

Miffy xx

Playmate
16-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Every year we say we will be nor organised and every year we are not :panic:

Chimps Childminding
16-01-2012, 01:52 PM
I do try and some years I even manage it :rolleyes: Like to get mine done before Christmas though! I keep saying that I will keep upto date with my accounts so its not a mammouth task when I come to do them, but be honest its not the most exciting thing in the world and I can always think of something (anything) better to do:blush:

Twinkles
16-01-2012, 01:55 PM
*fingers in ears* la la la I can't hear you....

Denial isn't just a river in Africa you know !

dobby
16-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Its as well this post is here and not say on mumsnet or you would have been shot down in flames by now SarahJane :)

We cannot all be perfect in every aspect of our lives, I am sure there are things you mean to do better/faster/slower etc that you never seem to manage and for some folk its the Tax return.

I wouldn't let what other folk do/don't do worry you,it doesn't me ;)

sarahjane
16-01-2012, 02:17 PM
I wouldn't let what other folk do/don't do worry you,it doesn't me ;)#

I don't!

nikki thomson
16-01-2012, 02:37 PM
I did mine yesterday but I knew I wouldn't have any tax to pay as nine of the twelve months I only had two after schoolies term time only so there was no rush for me. X

jane5
16-01-2012, 03:41 PM
I am a naughty one too :blush::p

Did mine yesterday, well I bribed dh to do it for me.:cool:

I have done about 3 months of expenses for this year so far so I need to crack on and get up to date

ajc
16-01-2012, 06:25 PM
I sent mine online in June and im a bit surprised that they havent posted how much I need to pay for my first six month payment for this year. I know I need to pay something and usually it needs paying at end of this month. Will just keep checking.

LittleBuds
16-01-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm sat doing mine now, my justification is I only started minding on 5th December. Not sure exactly what I need to do at the moment either but know I wont have any tax to pay as I've just totted up my start up costs and they are well over £750 including registrations and my CYPOP 5 costs. I've only had a mindee for 3 days a week not sure I've even broken even yet!

Hope to follow you good girls examples and hope this time next year I'm not in a last minute panic (as usual!).

A.

nic t
16-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Oh well we can't all be perfect! :)

nell57
16-01-2012, 09:09 PM

No other reason other than i always mean to do it and never seem to get round to it.

Same here, I just work better under preasure:D

Ripeberry
16-01-2012, 09:28 PM

Same, here, got it all written down, prepared ages ago, but scared of what figure it will come up with :eek::panic:. I have got money saved up but I think I just resent having to pay it out :D