PDA

View Full Version : working together

clumpcat
15-01-2012, 03:15 PM
hi all, hope you are all well.

myself and another childminder in the village are thinking about teaming up and working together so we have more children and have each others company during the day. I was wondering if anyone else had tried it and if its works and if there is anything to consider before doing it.

thanks for reading
xx

Zumba-mum
15-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Sorry i don't have any advice but wanted to say i'll be working with my cm friends as of April on a thursday, she's in the middle of filling the forms one part asked for the measurements of the house :rolleyes: I'm really looking forward to it. I'm sure someone will com along with some advice.

sarah707
15-01-2012, 04:19 PM
There are a few childminders who work together.

It depends on whether you want to make it a formal arrangement or just spend a lot of time together.

If you are just meeting up, make sure you both have planning in place so Ofsted can see that the children's needs are being met.

If you are looking for a formal arrangement then I suggest you draw up a contract so everything is clear before you start.

I hope it goes well for you! :D

clumpcat
15-01-2012, 05:31 PM
we want to join both our businesses together and work from one place. our local breakfast club and after school club has shut down so we would like to offer that service and also have some little ones in the day too.
i'm not sure if we need to register under one ofsted number or keep both our numbers, also im not sure how we do the accounts, still keep in separate or do it all together, not sure how the tax would work though.
need to find out quite abit.
xxx

sarah707
15-01-2012, 07:50 PM
I would give Ofsted a call and see how they can help you.

Also visit an accountant to get the tax side of things right from the start.

I would also suggest taking legal advice to draw up a contract which will protect you both if things go wrong.

Hth :D

Chatterbox Childcare
15-01-2012, 08:10 PM
If you don't childmind from your home you are classed as minding from non domestic premises and then you will have another ofsted number, inspection etc

Watch you don't get charged business rates too

clumpcat
15-01-2012, 08:26 PM
why would it be non domestic premises? not sure i understand.
thank you for all the advice i will contact Ofsted in the morning.
x

karensmart4
15-01-2012, 10:24 PM
I work with a co-minder, we worked together at our local afterschool club previously so knew we worked well together.

We informed Ofsted who didn't know a lot..... we both keep our own EY numbers and have our own certs.

We work from my house and we have individual inspections.

We work on a percentage system, mine being the higher as it's my house and I take on a lot of the planning / paperwork.

It is good to have someone else to talk to, it's good that you can offload to each other if need be, it's brill that you can... go to the loo, answer the phone, answer the door without children hanging onto you :laughing:

Good luck on whatever you decide :)