PDA

View Full Version : Reusable wipes

Baildon bears
15-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Sorry to bring up the whole reusable wipes again, just wondered if any of you use them, I have bought some cheeky wipes and want to know if it would be best to soak them before putting them in my washing mashine, I have been washing them at 60 degrees with out soaking them, put wondered if I had a rather dirty bottom :eek: I may need to soak first ?

Helen79
15-01-2012, 05:04 PM
I've never soaked them, they just go on a 60c wash. If you need to soak them then try some water with tea tree oil or lavender oil as they're anti-bacterial.

onceinabluemoon
15-01-2012, 06:59 PM
If they are particularly dirty I rinse them first, then wash on hot wash. If they're stained I may soak in stain relief, does that help? :)

BuggsieMoo
15-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Ive never thought to use resuable wipes but have had a look at these - are they pretty painless to use and wash?

Thanks all

BuggsieMoo x

Christi
15-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Never soaked, large lumps were flicked off down the toilet. They then went straight in the machine. I don't think I've ever had a stain on a wipe (apart from the ones used to clean off white board pen from the floor)!

babs
15-01-2012, 10:28 PM
I've got question just watched how to use these and it says throw in washer with normal wash load is this what you do. ? id have real problem doing this or do you put them in wash on own or soak and rinse them first. sorry if Im sounding thick..

onceinabluemoon
16-01-2012, 06:46 AM
I've got question just watched how to use these and it says throw in washer with normal wash load is this what you do. ? id have real problem doing this or do you put them in wash on own or soak and rinse them first. sorry if Im sounding thick..

If they've been used on faces I throw them in with the towels, if they've been used on bottoms I throw them in with the nappies (I have 2 different types to make sure they don't get muddled up)

Baildon bears
16-01-2012, 06:51 AM
No you don't put them in with a normal wash, you put them in with your towels or on there own at 60 degrees. Do try to get most of the poo of with the nappie. It's just like using a damp flannel, cleans the bottom much better.

babs
16-01-2012, 07:18 AM
thank you for answering cus.after watching the short video link I was going ewww :). all lo's here are in.disposables each come with own wipes and I have loads fannels .

Helen79
16-01-2012, 10:10 AM
forgot to say I used to rinse them under the flush of the loo then straight into the nappy bucket.

catminder
16-01-2012, 10:39 AM
I don't use these wipes but if I did I would want to sterilise them in milton or bleach before putting them in my washing machine. I don't think a 60 wash would be enough to get rid of the bacteria on them.

onceinabluemoon
16-01-2012, 10:59 AM
I don't use these wipes but if I did I would want to sterilise them in milton or bleach before putting them in my washing machine. I don't think a 60 wash would be enough to get rid of the bacteria on them.

I can see your point, but do you also bleach or milton all your household's underpants? They will have the same bacteria on them whether or not they are visibly soiled. x

Helen79
16-01-2012, 12:27 PM

A few drops of tea tree or lavender oil in the washing powder drawer kills the bacteria even on a low heat wash without having to soak in bleach.