PDA

View Full Version : Ratios

Jodie1989
14-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Im just interested in how many children you have individually? Then how many with an assistant and what ages?

I know it counts of your own space im just interested to know

Playmate
14-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Hubby and I work together we are allowed 3 children under 5 each and 3, 5-8's between us, if working with an assistant we can have a total of 9 under 5, but wouldn't be allowed any 5-8's.

samb
14-01-2012, 05:45 PM
My cert says I can have -
3 in total - 2 can be EY and 1 can be under 1 with the rising 5 clause added. I have a variation too, so on Tues-Thurs I can have 3 EY as long as they are the 3 specific children on the variation.
I also have my own - dd(6) and ds(3)

janminder
14-01-2012, 05:57 PM
My daughter and I co-childmind and we are allowed 5 under 8 with 4 being under 5 when working together otherwise on our own 3 under 5 and we have the rising 5 bit on our certificates and whether alone or together only 1 under 1.

green puppy
14-01-2012, 07:19 PM
I am registered for 6 in total- 3 under 5 and 3 over. I only look after under 5's and currently have two variations.
These allow me to have 5 under 5's 8am-3pm for 2 days and then 4 under 5's 3pm-6pm on those same days to provide continuity of care. I can have 6 under 5's when working with an assistant aswell.

Monkey26
14-01-2012, 07:34 PM
* may care for no more than 6 children under 8 years; of these, not more than 3 may be in the early years age group, and of these, not more than 2 may be under 1 year at any one time (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register)

* may exceed this ratio to allow 4 children in the early years age group for the children named on the variation request

* may only care for such children on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday during the hours of childminding.

* when working with an assistant, may care for no more than 12 children under 8 years; of these, not more than 6 may be in the early years age group, and of these, not more than 2 may be under 1 year at any one time (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register)

Couldn't be bothered to write it all so just cut and paste from the Ofsted website lol xx

tulip0803
14-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Due to local planning rules I can only have 6 children of any age - if I went over this number I would have to apply for change of use on my house:rolleyes:. If I wanted to have an assistant or co-minder we still would not be allowed more than 6 children of any age unless we changed use of house to business!

My certificate says I can care for 5 under 8 of which no more than 3 under 5 years and no more than 2 of those 3 under 18 months. I am in Wales and our ratios are slightly different. We do no have a rising 5 clause at the minute but it is being worked on. I could apply to have the 6th under 8 as my daughter has just turned 8 but I would not be able to fit them in the car anyway so it isn't worth bothering with.

Jodie1989
14-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks for all your replys, I find it interesting :)