PDA

View Full Version : Working with an assistant

maisiemog
14-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Hi,

My sister and I have finally decided that she is going to come and work with me if we can make it financially viable. To do this I would need an increase in my allowed numbers. Do you think ofsted would let me go up to 8 under 8s with her working with me? Or would it be better for her to register as a CM herself? We were thinking of her not registering unless she has to because of the cost now. In our area nothing is funded anymore!

Also what is the process for increasing numbers? Would we be reinspected? Not a problem if we are. We're up to date with everything.

sandy64
14-01-2012, 02:44 PM
hi i work with an assistant and ofsted granted us double our numbers in both ages but i dont do schoolies at mo. when you apply ask then put sizes of your rooms send r.a im sure you will be fine:)p.s i didnt get inspected if you put enough details down ofsted shouldnt need to come out

maisiemog
15-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the reply,

Going to give ofsted a ring in the week, probably friday as its mad here til then! I cant imagine the process would take to long. She's already ofsted approved as she pretty much lives at our house as it is, so all the kids we currently have already LOVE her!

I think we would have the space for us to double the numbers, just not sure i want that many children in my house...and imagine all the paperwork that would go with them!!! Bad enough already!!!