PDA

View Full Version : National Childminding week

SimplyLucy
21-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Just had my early years newsletter though in the post and there is an article about national childminding week (14-21 june).

Our area have organised a day out at Crealy. Free entry for childminders and children. We're even going to be given a voucher for a drink and piece of cake!

Has your area got anything planned, or are any members attending the Crealy day, might be nice to say hello!

katickles
21-05-2008, 11:10 AM
yeah - we have a teddy bears picninc theme. All activities will be based around bears. Should be a good day - again i'm hoping for good weather. :)

miffy
21-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Our local association has organised a day out at a local country park with entertainment and workshops

I think we all get a goody bag too :)

miffy xx

katickles
21-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Our local association has organised a day out at a local country park with entertainment and workshops

miffy xx

Miffy - I love goody bags!! :clapping:

Blaze
21-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Nothing here...cept I will get weird looks for trying to promote it! (From all the other CM's I'd like to add)!:(

Spangles
21-05-2008, 01:12 PM
I know what you mean Tasha! I get the most awful looks from other childminders when I wear my polo shirts with my logo and business name on it!

I'm not even trying to advertise at the moment it's just easy to wear as I don't have to spend ages in the morning wondering what I can wear that day aand my normal tops won't get ruined! I feel really uncomfortable in them sometimes!

As for c/m week, I'm not even going to go there!

ajs
21-05-2008, 01:24 PM

miffy xx

only the first 75 booked on. i checked we're definately in that 75 miffy

i have been to crealy
i have a beautiufl photo of my son aged 2 sitting in the ball pool looking so cute. (he's 17 now and not so cute)

ajs
21-05-2008, 01:25 PM

miffy xx

i know it's going to have a finger puppet in and a nursery rhymes book as they were supplied by our cc

devoncm
21-05-2008, 07:00 PM
was thinking about going to crealy though it depends on if i have any children that day, are you going lucy? would be nice to meet up if i go to it, if i can getthere anyhow.

Jinx
21-05-2008, 07:51 PM
What day is the Crealy event on?

I'd love to go...:clapping: haven't been for a while.

I would need to take some chill pills though!!! There is always some brat in the ball pool area, acting like they own the place, with mummy deliberately looking the other way as he pushes his way to the front of the queues and tries stuffing balls down babies throats!

:littleangel:

Jinx x

Gherkin
21-05-2008, 10:41 PM
yeah - we have a teddy bears picninc theme. All activities will be based around bears. Should be a good day - again i'm hoping for good weather. :)

We had this in my area but got the letter today to show it has been cancelled.:angry:

SimplyLucy
22-05-2008, 06:03 AM
The Crealy event is on the 16th June a monday. I think you need to ring and book a space (or email) if you are interested then give me a shout and I'll PM the details on to you.

Bonus is though...........because its term time and it'll be mainly childminders there, you won't get the parents igonring their darling brats in the ball pool!

miffy
22-05-2008, 08:37 AM
i know it's going to have a finger puppet in and a nursery rhymes book as they were supplied by our cc

And a bob the builder book!

And we may even get to meet lizzymoonshine this time!

miffy xx

ajs
22-05-2008, 08:50 AM
and possibly donnagwynne although ic an't remember if she's even going this year

devoncm
22-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Theres also games and activities down exmouth beach on the tuesday 17th between 10 and 12 and a picnic afterwards if anyone interested, you need to contact alison on 01752 500654,
wednesday 18th is at broadsands beach contact jeanette on 01392 681648
and friday 20th june at wembury beach need to contact karen on 01752 690251

thought id post in case some did not know.

SimplyLucy
22-05-2008, 09:53 AM
I might be able to come to the Exmouth beach session, the boys don't have to be at pre-school until 12.45pm that day, will be a rush but we could manage!