PDA

View Full Version : Big decisions??!

Demonjill
13-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Hi everyone.

Quick update - been looking after 4yo twins every Thursday for about 3 months now ( this is my day off from my part time retail job)

I have parent coming tomorrow to see me about CM her 2 boys Mon,tue and wed - this means I will have to give notice to this job aaggghhhhh I have never had to do this from a job before and im nervous as they will have no idea!!
Sorry - its just a big step I have been enjoying the twins but if you know me and have followed my journey you will know i lack confidence and doubt myself big time. Its a bit scaary money wise as well - although I have potential to earn more money CM its not guaranteed

I also will be due inspection soon (first) as i have to complete SEF in 4 weeks time.

I suppose im just looking for support ................again and advice - come on what would you do? If i dont i suppose i will always wonder what if.

As regards parent tomorrow its not set in stone i hear u say but the day will come when i have to decide if its not tomorrow lol esp as i have had 2 other enquiries!!

Thanks Peeps

miffy
13-01-2012, 11:56 PM
It must be a tough decision to make but at least you know there is work out there as you're getting plenty of enquiries.

If you don't make the leap and give it a try will you always wonder what if? If you give up your job and the childminding doesn't take off then you could always look for another job.

Sorry, I've just read that back and decided I'm no help to you at all lol!

Miffy xx

Demonjill
14-01-2012, 12:29 AM
It must be a tough decision to make but at least you know there is work out there as you're getting plenty of enquiries.

If you don't make the leap and give it a try will you always wonder what if? If you give up your job and the childminding doesn't take off then you could always look for another job.

Sorry, I've just read that back and decided I'm no help to you at all lol!

Miffy xx

aww thanks for replying hun

Every reply is a help and its good just to air things as cant really talk about it as its so hush hush as dont want boss getting wind of anything until its decided lol

I know what you mean though about just going for it. and contrary to what people say there are plenty jobs out there if it doesnt work out - I got offered 5/5 when i took my retail job

will miss my discount tho lol

Chimps Childminding
14-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Its a difficult one :rolleyes: But if you want to become a CM full time, I guess you have to take a chance. I don't know if you have children of your own and whether that would influence your decision one way or the other? I suppose maybe write a list down of pros and cons for each job. It sounds as though you are getting plenty of enquiries at present which always helps and if you have more days available to offer people, you have more flexibility.

Sorry I'm waffling :blush: Only you can decide, but good luck!!

angeldelight
14-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Go for it Jill

Stop thinking and just do it before you talk yourself out of it

If it don't work out well pick yourself up and look for another job but for now go for it,you know you want to it's just your lack of confidence that makes you question it

Go for it and good luck with the parents :clapping:

Angel xx

Demonjill
14-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Its a difficult one :rolleyes: But if you want to become a CM full time, I guess you have to take a chance. I don't know if you have children of your own and whether that would influence your decision one way or the other? I suppose maybe write a list down of pros and cons for each job. It sounds as though you are getting plenty of enquiries at present which always helps and if you have more days available to offer people, you have more flexibility.

Sorry I'm waffling :blush: Only you can decide, but good luck!!

Thanks Carolyn:thumbsup:

I do have children DD is 14 and DS is nearly 8

Demonjill
14-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Go for it Jill

Stop thinking and just do it before you talk yourself out of it

If it don't work out well pick yourself up and look for another job but for now go for it,you know you want to it's just your lack of confidence that makes you question it

Go for it and good luck with the parents :clapping:

Angel xx

Thanks so much Angel

I know I "think too much" lol

Will see how goes with parent today and if all suits, good vibes and kids are fine then it will be "Full steam ahead" lol

Whatever job ive ever had I do more than 100% and work so hard and I know this will be no different but ive never been self employed before completely so tax NI etc all scary scary lol

Enjoy War Horse let me know how it is as i want to see it :D

Zoomie
14-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Hi

Can you ask your retail job (if things seem positive) about whether you could go down to 1 or 2 days a week.

I have a friend who has gone to work in a nursery, but she held onto her old job by just doing a Saturday for about 3 months. It gave her the safety net she needed whilst she worked out whether she liked the nursery (she was worried about getting along with the staff and english isn't her first language either, so lacked confidence).

Could this be a possibility for you?

BlondeMoment
14-01-2012, 12:57 PM
I'd think hard about which job I enjoy the most. If you think you'd really miss your old job then maybe keep things the way they are. Childminding is a lovely job with lots of freedom but you can miss adult interaction sometimes which you do get from your current job.

I write a pros and cons list when I have a dig decision to make. Try that?

Demonjill
14-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Hi

Can you ask your retail job (if things seem positive) about whether you could go down to 1 or 2 days a week.

I have a friend who has gone to work in a nursery, but she held onto her old job by just doing a Saturday for about 3 months. It gave her the safety net she needed whilst she worked out whether she liked the nursery (she was worried about getting along with the staff and english isn't her first language either, so lacked confidence).

Could this be a possibility for you?

Hiya hun:)

Cant really unless go down flexible working route as supposed to be available ANY 4/6 days not same days each week or same shifts if you know what i mean?
And they dont know i CM every Thursday as told a little white lie in order to get every thursday off ( this they told me was a favour and only temp so things may change on that anyway if did stay)

Thing is i do like certain parts of retail job but def dont want to do it for ever so would be leaving at some point - so why not now lol

Demonjill
14-01-2012, 07:06 PM
I'd think hard about which job I enjoy the most. If you think you'd really miss your old job then maybe keep things the way they are. Childminding is a lovely job with lots of freedom but you can miss adult interaction sometimes which you do get from your current job.

I write a pros and cons list when I have a dig decision to make. Try that?

Hmmm thats a toughie lol as i like both in diff ways but I only CM every Thursday which i enjoy but twins i look after will go to school after summer so not poss to keep things the same then - and then as others have said - i will never know lol

As for adult interaction only trust some of the folk i work with ( 1 girl is lovely and will def stay in touch with she will be devastated when i leave - shes prob whats kept me there so long) and we are not allowed to talk on shop floor and then there are the crabit customers lol