PDA

View Full Version : Query about Numbers, help needed

aliwali
13-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Hi all
I will try and make this as simple as I can.

From september I will be looking after 3 children from 1 family. They are 6, 4 and 2.5. The 6 and 4 year old will be in full time school.
I have 3 children, 8,6 and 2 so my 8 year old doesn't count in my 6 total anymore.
I also currently mind a 1.5 year old.
My query is can I have all these children come september?
I phoned the other day to change details about my eldest now he is 8 and Ofsted said that the full time school clause wasn't on the registration anymore and as it was my child this wasn't relevant (I think that's what she said). I wasn't sure if that meant that the 4 year old that isn't mine would mean that I can't have 3 pre-schoolers.

Can anyone decipher this jumble and offer any advice?
Thank you so much

nic t
13-01-2012, 10:27 PM
So 7 children in total

3 under 5s - 1 and a half, 2 and 2 and a half
3 rising 5-8s in full time education- 4, 6 ad 6
1 over 8

In theory yes but depends on your certificate and if you are registered for the full 6 under 8s.

I believe your certificate should say: 4 under 8s and no more then 2 under 5s. (As obviously you have your own children too)

I think thats right!

Mouse
13-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Are they sending you a new certificate with your 8yr old taken out of your numbers? Assuming you have the full allowance, your certificte should say that you can mind 4 children under 8, with a maximum of 2 being in the EY age range.

If you mind a 1.5yr old, a 2.5yr old and 4 & 6yr olds in full time school, then you would be OK.

You would be minding 4 children under 8 with 2 in the EY age range. The 4yr old would count as being outside the EY age range as he is in full time school.

The Ofsted factsheets do say that you don't need the "rising 5s" clause on your certificate as it is written into the regulations already. It was put on to stop inspectors (and others) thinking you were over your numbers. Perhaps they've decided not to include it all now, although I would phone and check again as each time you phone you can get a different answer :rolleyes:

blue bear
13-01-2012, 10:29 PM
I would email and recheck this, I got a new certificate yesterday with school clause in it.
From your post it sounds like he thought 4 year old was yours not mindee? E mail it so it's clear.

aliwali
13-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Thank you for your replies. I'm just waiting on my new certificate as son now over 8, so I'll be sure to check it when it arrives. I can currently have 6 including my own so I should be allowed to have all 7 as son out of EY.
Thanks again

SandCastles
13-01-2012, 11:53 PM
I agree with you
My son turned 8 last month and after a quick (can you believe it) call to Ofsted they reissued my certificate increasing my numbers by 1 and included the school clause.
It arrived my recorder signed for post really quickly.
Hope you get what you expect.

miffy
14-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Thank you for your replies. I'm just waiting on my new certificate as son now over 8, so I'll be sure to check it when it arrives. I can currently have 6 including my own so I should be allowed to have all 7 as son out of EY.
Thanks again

That sounds correct to me - you should be able to have all of them but best wait and double check your certificate.

I think the wording of the school clause has changed recently so that might be what the person you spoke to at Ofsted meant.

Miffy xx