PDA

View Full Version : Children Fascinated with the Camera

Tealady
13-01-2012, 08:34 PM
My mindee (17mths) and DS (2yr 3mts) are both fascinated in my camera. When ever I get it out to take a photo they stop what they are doing and come over to grab it and sometimes my son will do a funny little pose. I try to get it out discreetly but it makes a "ping" noise when you open the lense cover.

Does it matter if they aren't actually doing anything in the photo, just maybe near the puzzle, bricks, ball etc or do they have to show them in action?

Or if you have had children do the same how did you get around this?

flowerpots
13-01-2012, 08:37 PM
I have mine out ALL the time and now the children aren't bothered by it. :)

betty boop
13-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Hi all mine are fine while I take photo but after they stop every thing and want to see the digital picture on camera.

PixiePetal
13-01-2012, 08:59 PM
the more you take, the more they get used to it and hopefully you with catch some un-posed pics :thumbsup:

mine always asks to see the pic on camera too :laughing:

kellib
13-01-2012, 09:03 PM
I take most photos on my phone as they don't notice that as much as they notice the camera :)

Helen Dempster
13-01-2012, 09:03 PM
I've got 100s of un-posed piccies - I think most of the time they're the best sort! I've also got a few posed ones, which are really nice, but just not the same :) They're all used to me taking photos, the only mindee who doesn't like it, and so I try not to get him in the photos now, is the older 10yo boy...although he did ask me the other day why he's not in many of the photos! All the kids, from very young to the eldest always want to look at the photos though :)

curly
13-01-2012, 11:38 PM
I usually find the children get used to it after a while but children that are new to my setting are very camera aware so I say to them "can I take a picture of you doing that ...........," if they agree I'll say " you carry on like you were before so ....... can see how you were doing it and then we can look at the pictures later"

It sometimes works, if they are really enjoying what they are doing, if they are easily distracted I think it was probably time they were going to move activity anyway.

miffy
14-01-2012, 12:16 AM
mine always asks to see the pic on camera too :laughing:

Mine always ask this too! :laughing:

Sometimes they ask me to take their photo too!

Miffy xx