PDA

View Full Version : Poorly Twins

Bethj
13-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Hi I childmind boy twins aged 2 for two days a week.
When mum brings them in a morning and they always always come with a differnt cream/ eye drops/medicine but most of the time they are not even ill.
they came with new cream for nappy rash but there was nothing there on one and just a small red mark on the other boy.
this week it was ear infection but when my son had it he pulled at his ear and so tearfull for a few days and the twins were not bothered at all (i wouldn't of known). dad works away 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off and its not so bad when hes at home. Of course these boys get poorly (all kids get ill at some point) but not as much as she makes out. Any advise.
Thank You x

Penny1959
13-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Can I ask - are the creams and medications prescribed by a doctor or just over the counter?

If prescribed by the doctor then you just have to use as stated on the medicine / cream.

However if over the counter I would be urging mum to take them to the doctor for his / her professionally opinion. Maybe you could say you are just worried that they might need something a bit stronger as keep having 'illnesses' and that would be best to get the doctor to check them over / run some tests.

She sounds like she is a very busy mum and with daddy away a lot she might feel like she has a lot of responsibilty to ensure the boys remain fit and healthy.

Penny :)

Bethj
13-01-2012, 10:07 PM
They go to the doctors at least once a week and they send mum away and say there fine, somtimes they are given prescribed meds from the doctor (which i give them and get signed ect.)
mum doesn't work and seems to worry about her boys alot.

nic t
13-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Do you have concerns that mum might be giving the twins medicine/creams etc that they don't really need?

Are you concerned from a safeguarding issue that she may be telling you illnesses/concerns that aren't really there? (Not necessarily intentionally)