PDA

View Full Version : Child with allergy under investigation - documentation

Zoomie
13-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Hi, just signed up and settled in a new mindee :).

Mindee has an allergy which is being investigated by the hospital, we are currently doing a food diary. She has a prescription for a 'piriton type' medication and the instructions are to give if the rash becomes severe. She has always had the rash in my prescence, although mum has shown me a photo of what it looked like at its worst.

I use NCMA paperwork and have used the page:

Section 1 Permission to administer medicine or treatment over an extended period of time or continuous treatment / therapies. I have stated that treatment will be 'emergency'.

Is it okay to use this form, as I don't want to ask for permission each day. I have also asked parent to record in our daily diary if they have given the medication to the child within 24 hours of arriving at my setting, as they don't seem to have time to do paperwork each arrival, although are happy to sign things at the end of the day ?????

flowerpots
13-01-2012, 02:07 PM
I had the exact same thing, my mindee has just been diagnosed with a dairy allergy, i put the piriton on the divider section, i think its regular meds such as teething etc.

My mindee had a severe reaction to dinner one day and had to be taken to hospital, the hospital, paramedics and ofsted were all fine with it being on divider and signed by mum.

:)

Zoomie
14-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Just had a look at the divider.

Seems fine, but where do you record any doses given ?

This is the reason I thought section 1 was the most appropriate.