PDA

View Full Version : Much respect for you all :o)

JCrakers
13-01-2012, 09:17 AM
:D
Had my first day of 3 under 5yrs yesterday. A 3yr old, 2yr old and a 12m old. The 2yr old was picked up at 3pm as I picked a 3.5yr old up. In Feb I will be having the 4 of them from 3pm-3.40pm over the school run....eek

Walked to school to pick up 3 school children...I was absolutley pooped by the end of the day!!!!

Ive always had two maximum and made up numbers with older children.

I have a lot of respect for all you childminder who do this on a regular basis. Im hoping once I get into a routine, it will get easier...please tell me it does :laughing:

PHEW...

breezy
13-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Well done, it does get easier with a routine and personally I find it easier to fit in a walk or a trip to the park to let off steam, but that could just be me, I hate being in all day!! It's easier once you know the kids well too, having said that it is very tiring especially if you add in school and nursery runs!
Sounds like you're off to a good start though.

flowerpots
13-01-2012, 10:01 AM
It does get easier, i also try and get out once a day to playgroup, park, walk, shops etc.

Its still tiring though :o

Vickster
13-01-2012, 10:24 AM
I do it Tues, Weds and Thurs and have Mondays and Fridays off to recover! I love them all, but it is the logistics of school runs with them and naps and nappies and meal times and .......fitting in all the EYFS and.....the list goes on.

I must say though, I had to close this week due to my DD being poorly and I did miss the buzz of it all.

mrs c
13-01-2012, 10:53 AM
I always like to get out in the morning and find I feel much better for having done so. Hate it when for some reason Ive been stuck in all day. I have two under 3's and find that's just about right for me. Did have 3 a couple of days each week last year and found our trips to parks and school runs were much more stressful for me. I do think it all depends on the children you have and the oldest child I had was a handful.

*daisychain*
13-01-2012, 11:17 AM
once you have your routine sorted you will love it. I'm lucky that I don't have any school runs, makes life much easier, we just go with the flow most days

miffy
13-01-2012, 11:23 AM
It does get easier once you have a routine going and as you get to know the children too.

I like to get out every day even if it's just up the road to the park. I think the children benefit from time to let off steam and being outdoors.

I'm still whacked of an evening though!

Miffy xx

blue bear
13-01-2012, 05:51 PM
I have 4 under 5 mon-wed and 3 under five on Thursday and Fridays, must say I find Thurs and Fridays easy days after having four but we have lots of fun, it's just a matter of adjusting the routine to cover all their needs, Definetly gets easier over time.