PDA

View Full Version : back up minder for emergencies

chez
13-01-2012, 08:59 AM
In the area I used to mind we had alot of childminders who knew each other very well. Therefore our emergency plans in the event of a hosptial emergency or a fire etc was to take mindees there.

Where weve moved to Ive not met any minders yet, nor many neighbours.

What should I do in the event of such emergency??

breezy
13-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Do you have a DO or similar who could put you in touch with other minders? or is there a childminder drop in at your local childrens centre?
Childrens centre might be a good place to start, they could put you in touch with other minders.
Or see on here if there's anyone from your area, theres so many of us someone could well be near to you!!!

chez
13-01-2012, 09:44 AM
There is a childminders drop in that runs independantly from the sure start (they dont really run much here at all) but the drop in is at the same time as a nursery pick up for me the other side of the city. Hense Im not really meeting other minders atm.

loocyloo
13-01-2012, 01:12 PM
my DH is my emergency minder !!!

he works locally and is usually in the office, although if he isn't, i have one of the girls listed too! ( she is great and babysits for us! )

DO agreed, that whilst not ideal, in that there is only one other minder in my town, and all the mums i am friendly with/would trust leaving mindees with in an emergency work !!

although, actually, i have a minded childs granny who i think would be happy to be an emergency contact and i might even see about registering her as my assistant for odd occaisons! ( she has offered! )

good luck meeting other childminders. i've met a few, but they rarely come to the childminders drop in ( its often just me :rolleyes: and the other local minder ). i do meet them on training courses, but most are a fair drive away from me. have you tried looking on childcare.co.uk and emailing them? i've done that !!! and also got details from FIS! thats how/why a couple sometimes come to drop in !!!