PDA

View Full Version : Got the day off so why do I feel guilty

cupcake22
13-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Baby was brought to me yesterday & dad informed me she had been sick in the night. Well she wasnt all that happy during the day. Slept well but didnt eat much. 5 minutes before mum came to pick her up she was sick everywhere. I told mum & informed her that she should keep her home today as if have 24 hour exclusion policy. Mum said well if she has been with the other children all day then she has probably given it to them anyway. She didnt seem bothered about the fact we as a family could get it & then told me that she would cancel her weekend plans to visit her mum as she has a low immune & didnt want her to get it! I stuck to my guns but feel guilty as I now have a day off as no other babies today. I didnt tell mum that though.
It must be part of the job to feel guilty but if I get it & cant work then I dont get paid & nor do my daughters.Winge over lol

Cupcake22

chez
13-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Dont feel guility, you could use that extra time to do any paperwork? and a toy clean as the toys that she played with yesterday will all need a proper clean due to her having a bug.

Shes lucky she got childcare yesterday had dad told me that she was ill as she was dropping off here he would have been turned away for 72 hrs.

onceinabluemoon
13-01-2012, 09:10 AM
I can see the parents confusion. They probably don't really 'get' why baby was allowed in yesterday after being sick in the night at theirs (no exclusion period) but is not allowed back today after being sick at yours (exclusion period applies).

For what it's worth don't feel guilty, I had a little one in yesterday who was sick as soon as she went home and today I have it, cannot work and have had to let 3 sets of families down - it could quite easily have been you. x

cupcake22
13-01-2012, 09:23 AM
I can see the parents confusion. They probably don't really 'get' why baby was allowed in yesterday after being sick in the night at theirs (no exclusion period) but is not allowed back today after being sick at yours (exclusion period applies).

For what it's worth don't feel guilty, I had a little one in yesterday who was sick as soon as she went home and today I have it, cannot work and have had to let 3 sets of families down - it could quite easily have been you. x

I do see what you mean. think I was a bit gobsmacked that dad just turned up without contacting me 1st to find out if he should bring baby. He said that it prob nothing as mum said babies can be sick without any reason! Hope you feel better soon. Just what you dont need for the weekend. I think I should get out of my dressing gown now & get on and make the most of my day lol xx

Cupcake22

stardust
13-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Baby was brought to me yesterday & dad informed me she had been sick in the night. Well she wasnt all that happy during the day. Slept well but didnt eat much. 5 minutes before mum came to pick her up she was sick everywhere. I told mum & informed her that she should keep her home today as if have 24 hour exclusion policy. Mum said well if she has been with the other children all day then she has probably given it to them anyway. She didnt seem bothered about the fact we as a family could get it & then told me that she would cancel her weekend plans to visit her mum as she has a low immune & didnt want her to get it! I stuck to my guns but feel guilty as I now have a day off as no other babies today. I didnt tell mum that though.
It must be part of the job to feel guilty but if I get it & cant work then I dont get paid & nor do my daughters.Winge over lol

Cupcake22

I'm off today because my mindee was sick yesterday x
Don't feel guilty, I'm enjoying the day with my son. You should be enjoying it, not our fault our children are sick x

EmmaReed84
13-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Well I am sure it would be worse for parent if you didnt exclude, she visited her mother and she got ill, then the following week YOU got ill and then YOUR kids got ill and you had to close for a week!

Dont feel guily, enjoy your friday 13th off lol

Wendybird
13-01-2012, 02:51 PM
I had to send my two home today as well. 2 y/o vomited all over herself and my car (eeewwww) several times before I could get home. Mum was great - here waiting when we got in to take them both home. Shame though as we were on our way to a day trip I'd already paid for and none of us got to go! Now sat at home with my 2 y/o twidding our thumbs (I should be cleaning the car and stripping off the carseat).

cupcake22
13-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Oh no what a job you have got. I thought it was bad enogh on my carpet but in the car. Thats my worse nightmare. However i dont feel atall guilty now as I just text mum to get an update on how baby was. She said she was very sick when she got home & now has runny poos so I now know i made the right decsion.

Cupcake22