PDA

View Full Version : Finally....New certificate has arrived, now what do I do ;)

Carol Raeburn
12-01-2012, 09:37 PM
HELLLLLLP!!!!!

I have finally received my certificate for my new house after being registered for so long but never actually minded I am very lucky to have lots of people wanting my services but I am still stuck with the fees.

Unsure weather to charge by the hour -£3.50 food incl ( this is what other minders are roughly charging around this area)
or by the day- £38.50 or £20 for half a day food incl!?!?!?!

What do you lovely ladies and gents advise for before and after school - would it be best to manage this by charging by the hour - £3.50? Would you charge more for the evenings as they will be with me longer or a set rate....

AWWWWWWWW this is driving me mad the whole rate thing....someone please help me.........

I am dreading the whole accounts thing :panic:

miffy
12-01-2012, 09:42 PM
I charge by the hour for before and after school but don't include meals so an after-schooler wanting tea will pay an extra fee.

For pre-schoolers or full day care in the holidays I charge a daily rate including food.

The main thing is not to price yourself out of the market so check out what other childminders as well as breakfast and after school clubs in your area are charging.

Good luck

Miffy xx

Zumba-mum
12-01-2012, 09:58 PM
I found this part hard too. I charge by the hr and a min of 5 in the day (part time £4hr full timer £3.75 which includes drinks, snacks and toddles) i charge £1.50 a meal . After school i was told to charge £5hr as it's harder work but i don't have any schoolies yet. HTH

Carol Raeburn
12-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Thanks ladies, I will do some homework tomorrow with the after school clubs etc, it is so difficult to get it right without going in to cheap or expensive, but i suppose once I have mindees it wont seem so bad and will make more sence as time goes on and also learn from my mistake if any are made :) again thank you :)