PDA

View Full Version : feel really guilty :(

adele1985
12-01-2012, 07:56 PM
sorry i think this is going to be a long post

I currently pick up from a school about 20 mins drive away from my house ( I took this child as I didnt have any other school runs I pick up from this school on a monday and friday every week

I also have a school pick up 5 mins down the road twice a week (tuesday and thursday)

I had a viewing last night for a pick up from the school 20 mins away (one week it would be mondays and thursdays and the week after it would be wednesdays and thursdays) last night i said this should not be a problem. she child seemed happy he was a bit wary of my dogs.

The lady came bak tonight and we had another chat and arranged to meet at the school tomorrow so i could see where he comes out of ect

After this lady had gone home a man came to have a look around wanting school drop off at a school 5 mins away at 1230 and also pick up at 330

I phoned the lady 20 mins away asking if she would be happy for her son to get in a taxi on the wednesday - she said she would speak to her husband

i tried phoning her bak and her phone went straight to snswer phone she then text me saying she had changed her mind due to the distance and the dogs

I feel really guilty now as i think she knew i was basically trying to blew her off

if i had cared for her son i would be doing a school run 20 mins to the school and 20 mins back for 10 pound a session

or

5 min school run twice a day for £30

do you think i done the right thing - i hate not being able to keep everyone happy

Pipsqueak
12-01-2012, 08:13 PM
you can't please all the people and at the end of teh day you need to do whats right for you and your business. I am sure she will find suitable childcare which is nearer for her.

glad things are looking up for you....

you coming to the durham regional meeting?

adele1985
12-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Thanks hun I dont think so I have no way of getting there I really must learn to drive lol xx

Goatgirl
12-01-2012, 09:36 PM
you can't please all the people and at the end of teh day you need to do whats right for you and your business. I am sure she will find suitable childcare which is nearer for her.

glad things are looking up for you....

you coming to the durham regional meeting?

I totally agree with Pip. try not to let it bother you: the lady has probably not given it another thought. At the end of the day you have to do what is best for you. If you ever bump into her just smile and be friendly. These things happen and difficult choices must be made: I think you made the right one :thumbsup:

bws,
Wendy :)

miffy
12-01-2012, 09:37 PM
if i had cared for her son i would be doing a school run 20 mins to the school and 20 mins back for 10 pound a session

I don't think this would have been worthwhile.

Good luck with the other enquiry.

Miffy xx

betty boop
12-01-2012, 10:43 PM
You cant please everyone at the end of the day you ave to do whats best for you