PDA

View Full Version : Small space outdoor resources

Wendybird
11-01-2012, 09:28 PM
I will be receiving a small grant for resources as part of a quality scheme I am doing. I think I would like to spend it improving my *small* pebbled garden. I already have a sand / picnic table, outside 'chalkboard' (actually a replacement picnic table top screwed to the wall), a gazebo and outdoor rug. I have two raised beds in the back - one of which I will use this year for the kids to grow some things in. I need some creative ideas for what else I could do - things that are multi-purpose, fold down, etc are preferred as it is really like a small 'L' shaped courtyard garden. I also can't put too many screws in as we rent and it is walled in old stone. Oh, and there is no outside tap (to my great annoyance).

So far I was thinking a set of boomwhackers and the harness which could be mounted on the 'chalkboard', a small water feature I could make in a large plant pot (thinking a toadstool with water coming over the top) and possibly a small wendy house of some sort.

Does anyone else have any ideas or can point me in the direction of some fabulous resources?

Thanks!

sarah707
12-01-2012, 07:45 AM
The children here love my water wall - we added buckets, watering cans, some things that roll / don't roll and special cars we don't mind being outside all the time which the boys love playing with on the drainpipes.

A little house is a lovely idea the children all use mine. Also somewhere cosy to sit with some waterproof seat covers.

Enjoy spending! :D

miffy
12-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Mine love the tuf spot with soil or whatever in to dig, make mud pies etc.

They also like to have a table outside to draw/paint/play cafes at.

Miffy xx

Toothfairy
12-01-2012, 08:51 AM
My DH found me some of that Orange plastic mesh that workmen use to section off areas with.
I have put some of this up and the kiddies weave on it using ribbons, scarves, pieces of material etc :thumbsup:

Wendybird
13-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks all - I want to do all those things! The shopping fairy must have realised I needed some help because the TTS catalogues landed on my doorstep and are full of things I *NEED*. Of particular interest is an outdoor metal frame I can get inserts for including perspex for painting and grill type insert for weaving or I could get some hooks for hanging things for making a water wall. I'm going to see if I can find similar for less money (grant is only £100 - not enough!), but it looks like the kind of thing I need. :clapping: