PDA

View Full Version : risk assesments

mammumof4
11-01-2012, 02:14 PM
how often do you do your RA?
i do daily checks, i have a tick list that i just look over everymorning, and do my visual checks (dont write anything down)

then im a bit stuck on the rest, the written stuff. atm im doing monthly, should i be doing weekly?
i also do a monthly fire evac
and i check my smoke alarm every 3 monts and make a note that ive done it

does this sound right??:D:D

Penny1959
11-01-2012, 02:37 PM
My Ra is contineuos - all day every day - in that I am checking everything visually. I do not have tick list or charts that I fill in - I just write it in my diary everytime I take action about a risk.

Penny :)

mammumof4
11-01-2012, 04:25 PM
My Ra is contineuos - all day every day - in that I am checking everything visually. I do not have tick list or charts that I fill in - I just write it in my diary everytime I take action about a risk.

so you have no paper work at all for your RA? apart from what you write in your diary?
maybe im making my life more difficult that it needs to be then :idea:

greenfields
11-01-2012, 05:40 PM
I've been told to RA at least termly for my property.
:)

Penny1959
11-01-2012, 06:35 PM
so you have no paper work at all for your RA? apart from what you write in your diary?
maybe im making my life more difficult that it needs to be then :idea:

I do have written statements - just really the things I check and do - and all very general - I also have a full annual one which does have boxes to write in anything that needs addressing.

So in total
1 x annual (or more often if things change)
6 x written statements

The annual check is a minimum for EYFS - the rest is up to you how you do it

mammumof4
12-01-2012, 09:30 AM
i think im doing too much then :blush:
i have a laminated check list on the front page of my organiser that i just glance at every morning (when children are due) most of it is in my head but its there if i need it and thought mrs O would like it :laughing:
then i have very detailed RA that i do once a month, one for every room of the house and garden and an outings one, oh and a public transport and a walking the dog RA.
then i have a record of my fire evacuation that i try to do once a month when im minding and an A4 page in big bold writting 'dont forget to test your smoke alarms!' how often do they need cheacking? im sure i read every week,wonder if anyone remembers to do that :eek:
i also have my arts and crafts RA thats very detailed and in there i also have a visitors book in that section.
and heres me thinking im not doing enough, should i make my life a bit easier do you think?
thanks guys :D