PDA

View Full Version : I am starting my diet on the 7th Jan 08

angeldelight
27-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Well there is too much choc still going around in my house and our christmas holiday celebrations - eating - visting and having family over always goes on till the kids go back to school

That is why I am starting my diet on the 7th
I have promised myself I am going to be really good too

If you want to join me then feel free if not then just a bit of support would be nice

Watch this space

Angel xxx

Tily Bud
27-12-2007, 11:15 PM
I'll join you Angel xx

angeldelight
27-12-2007, 11:17 PM
That is great Cheryl I am going to really need some support and I will help you too
I hope some of the others join us

I really really want to lose lots for the summer

Angel xxx

Lou
27-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Angel, you and i have already spoken about this.......

you will have my full support, i am starting mine on 2nd Jan. I think we will all find it a lot easier if we have the support of others.

tbh i have eaten sooooooo much rubbish, i am almost looking forward to being healthy!!!!!!!!!!

Minnie Minx
27-12-2007, 11:24 PM
hey angel you know i'll support you, i'm going to start mine on the 1st as i won't be at my parents so won't be tempted by naughty food :D

xx

angeldelight
27-12-2007, 11:25 PM
I have had so much rubbish with more to come in the next week that I am already almost rolling out the door - one push from hubby and I will go rolling down the street and I have got so fat I do not think I will be able to get myself back up haha

Angel xxxx

Lou
27-12-2007, 11:27 PM
I have had so much rubbish with more to come in the next week that I am already almost rolling out the door - one push from hubby and I will go rolling down the street and I have got so fat I do not think I will be able to get myself back up haha

Angel xxxx

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i am the same, i actually sat here tonight, saying to hubby "look!!!" as i held my stomach............

and they say romance is dead!!!!!!!!!

angeldelight
27-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Hahaha

What are we like - no forget I asked that ha

Angel xx

Minnie Minx
27-12-2007, 11:42 PM
i've been quite good this christmas, i normally scoff a lot of rubbish but i knew i wanted to start on the first and i didn't want to go cold turkey on chocolate and fizzy drinks. The only vice is chocolate brazil nuts, they are so tempting and lovely and mmmmmmmmm. Thank god i ate them all and only have normal nuts to eat :laughing:

xxx

Blaze
27-12-2007, 11:44 PM
LOL! I'll join you Angel!
Tasha:)

Cammie Doodle
28-12-2007, 08:42 AM
Well Angel ,Caroline and I are going on a diet in the New Year too, so you could have another 2 diet buddies June & Carolyn :thumbsup:

chubbymummy
28-12-2007, 08:43 AM
i'm with you! gonna start on the 8th though as it's my birthday on 7th!!!!

ajs
28-12-2007, 08:44 AM
i'm with you! gonna start on the 8th though as it's my birthday on 7th!!!!

but then you'll have to change your user name

buildingblocks
28-12-2007, 09:01 AM
I need to join you.

Are you all planning on following a particular plan or just doing it yourself with healthy eating?

I need to go to a group to help keep me on the straight and narrow (not that I ever do 100% but my logic is 90% is better than 5% lol.

Trouble is my working hours mean that I cannot get to a group regulalry then I slip. Thought about doing it online but then that is really just the same as not going to group.

I have the Paul McKenna thing but cannot beliueve that would even work.

Help

Rubybubbles
28-12-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm starting on Thurs 3rd!! As my two start back at school but I don't start back to work until Mon 7th!! (hehe) so I can have the first few days calmly! I am already trying to be good, but hate to waste food:blush: so tomorrow mum and dad are up for the day and I'm going to feed all the mince pies to them hehe

WE WILL DO THIS :littleangel: :D

angeldelight
28-12-2007, 10:36 AM
CAN I JUST SAY THAT IF YOU ARE GOING ON A DIET IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO IT DOES NOT MATTER WHEN OR HOW YOU ARE DOING IT

THE FATTIES OF THE FORUM IS JUST FOR SUPPORT

FOR EVERYONE

SO EVEN IF YOU WANT TO GO IT ALONE - LIKE I AM THEN JUST COME AND TELL EVERYONE HOW YOU ARE DOING
IF YOU ARE JOINING A SLIMMING CLUB - SO WHAT - YOU CAN STILL JOIN US AND TELL US HOW YOU ARE DOING
GIVE ADVICE - TIPS
SUPPORT FOR EVERYONE ELSE

SOMETIMES IT CAN HELP IF YOU SEE EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING OK IT MAKES YOU WANT TO DO BETTER

SO COME AND JOIN US FATTIES VERY SOON

WATCH THIS SPACE

ANGEL XXX

Minnie Minx
28-12-2007, 12:00 PM
angel hunny we're not deaf, you don't have to shout :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

xxx
ps you know i'm only teasing you and how anal i am about caps pmsl

carolinel
28-12-2007, 02:45 PM
count me in! I will prob start around 7th too, still too much nice food in house to start any sooner!

Spangles
28-12-2007, 02:51 PM
I will join too.

I want to start just after New Year so we can all egg each other on.

I'm desperate to do this so pleeeeeease help me!

I aim to start getting up earlier three mornings a week to do an exercise video too - once I get into it I get addicted quite quickly but then I always get ill or something comes up to stop me and I don't start again!

Tily Bud
28-12-2007, 02:56 PM
hi Lorri

we can all help each other x

i bought a new exercise dvd yesterday it looks really good and easy to follow i plan to do it in the afternoons when my older mindees are at nursery and i just have a 2yr old here - she likes dancing so she can join in x

the dvd features amy the old receptionist from casualty she has lost 12 stone and looks fantastic !

cheryl x

charleyfarley
28-12-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm with you and the others Angel

Desparately need to lose a couple of stone.

Have so many things going on this year that I need to be SLIM (MER) for.

My downfall is picking and not eating properly especially when I'm on the forum.

Then when I'm munching I get thirsty so I get the wine out.

So I will start 1st Jan, new year, new start.

I have actually weighed myself today and I've LOST weight, only 2 lb but it's a start.

OMG that means I actually eat and drink more when it's not xmas:laughing:

I aim to be good and stick to it this time.

Hopefully we can all help each other and egg one another on

Carol xxx

ruby
28-12-2007, 06:58 PM
well me and rachel will join you went to weigh thursday (how sad are we)
but knew if we left it another week god knows how much we would have put on as it was we put on 4lb- 41/2 pounds

well have to go we are taking the dog for a long walk well that is the plan but who knows

cathy and rachel

Banana
29-12-2007, 11:31 PM
I'll put my name down for this too. I am trying to be good (ish ) at the moment but the house is full of C*** to eat a the mo so am picking at things but I am realising I am doing it and then stopping myself from binging! Everything in moderation... Isn't it boring though lol.

I am feeling really motivated for January though!

Do you remember the old forum and the thread that Angel said about that thing yo udo when you are bigger and its boiling hot and someone asks you why you have your coat on and you lie and say ' im a bit cold' despite the fact that its 27 degrees and you are actually baking but you dont wanna take your coat off to reveal the bumps its hiding!!!!

I am not doing that this summer :panic: NO WAY!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

angeldelight
29-12-2007, 11:32 PM
I Remember Lana because it is what I have done these last few years

I am NOT doing it again and I am really going to stick to this for longer than a week this time

Angel xx

charleyfarley
30-12-2007, 12:00 AM
I Remember Lana because it is what I have done these last few years

I am NOT doing it again and I am really going to stick to this for longer than a week this time

Angel xx

Yes Angel you need to stick to it just like I do and Theresa.

Remember February!!!!!!!!

Carol xx

nat1664
30-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Im also planning to start my diet on the 7th....Im actually quite looking forward to it, Im also going to join the gym, ive got about 3 stone to loose then I'll look half normal :)

Nat
x

Banana
30-12-2007, 03:46 PM
I want to lose 3 stone to Nat,

I want to have done it by June 1st.

Im also considering joining the gym but I need to be driving first so I can get there in the short amounts of free time I get.

How does everyone feel about this......

Obviously our last attempts didnt work too well for everyone.

What about if we all tried a different diet??

I've actually been considering the atkins..... I hated it last time but it did work, I just had to stop it because of how awful I was feeling on it. But might try it again.

There is loads to chose from, might make it a bit more intersesting if we all picked a diet and did a weekly update of weight loss, how we are feeling etc... we dont have to all have a different diet, you pick the one you like.

I know aswell some would just rather do healthy eating but I do find the bad things are easier to slip in when you arent following some sort of guidance.

Just a thought ladies.

What do you all think?

Diets:

Slimming world
Weight Watchers
Atkins
Rosmary Connely
GI
Cabbage soup (:laughing: )
1000 Calorie

or anymore you can think of

xxxxxxxxx

nannysue
30-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Hi everyone. Serious dieting was not on my adgenda until my surprise christmas present turned out to be a cruise!!!! OMG i am in shock, but worse than that, have a lot of weight to lose before April. Going in May but will need some decent clothes. So wish me luck.

Sue x

manjay
30-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Wow, what an incentive Sue! Where are you going?

Amanda xx

nannysue
30-12-2007, 08:35 PM
A 7 day boat trip around the Med apparently. So warm weather means more flesh on show!!! Sue x

angeldelight
30-12-2007, 08:37 PM
That sounds lovely Sue lucky you!

Angel xx

Lou
30-12-2007, 08:39 PM
sounds lovely lucky you!!!

i also have the incentive of a hol on 7th july to turkey, it will be about 40 degrees or something then so lots of flesh out.

oh and susan and her family are meeting up with us as they will be there also, and she is a skinny minnie so added pressure lol

Lou x

angeldelight
30-12-2007, 08:46 PM
No Lou

Susan prefers us to say she is "slim and lovely " she hates being called skinny and feels how we do but in a different way if you know what I mean

You are going to do so well Lou that we will be calling you a skinny minnie instead haha

Angel xxx

Lou
30-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Oh im sorry, i really didnt mean it offensively, of course she is slim and lovely, i just wish i was too!!!

angeldelight
30-12-2007, 08:53 PM
I know you meant no harm but I said it once and got told off ha

You are lovely too Lou and I bet you are not as fat as you think

Angel xx

carolinel
30-12-2007, 08:54 PM
I like your idea Lana. I'll be doing slimming world again!

I've been on a med cruise and it was fab, I'd love to do it again but don't think the children would enjoy it, and we certainly wouldn't with 2 kids in tow!! We did a lot of sightseeing.

Lou
30-12-2007, 08:57 PM
i only meant in a complimentary way, but i know what you are saying Angel.

I feel like an elephant, but its all about how you feel isnt it, i think i will feel better when i get going on it and am motivated.

I am going to follow weight watchers plan, ie so many points a day, but not go to meetings unless i am not sucseeding as its really expensive now.
I will also be taking up "running"again.

Everytime i feel weak, i will just think about my hols, and hopefully meeting you guys some time soon.

Lou xx

janet
30-12-2007, 09:14 PM
i am starting on the 5th ( sharnas 3rd birthday ) got to lose this weight before i get wed omg it is only 6 month xxxx

Tily Bud
30-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Hi

I will probably do the weight watchers no count - i lost 2 stone on it a couple of years back really easily. Too be honest i think what really helped was writing it down it really made me think about what i was eating :)

My sister bought me a set of the diet plate recently i dont know if anyone has used it or heard of it. It is a plate split into sections according to what food group you are eating x she also got me the dish too. We were really lucky the set usually costs around 40 pounds but the inventor was on my sisters ward in hospital and she told all the nurses about it then sold then sets at 10 pounds a set :)

Im sure it will really help being able to log on here and chat to other dieters whenever i like ;)

Cheryl x

miffy
30-12-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm up for this as well - house is full of chocs atm - all calling me (yes they are!) to eat them up, which is daft as I want to lose not gain weight.

Hubby who is as thin as rake says he will take them to work for me!

So, what's the best diet to try - willpower non existent.

Miffy x

Tily Bud
30-12-2007, 09:43 PM
not sure miffy :rolleyes:

im in the same position as you my husband can eat what he likes and not put weight on x

Trouble
30-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Well there is too much choc still going around in my house and our christmas holiday celebrations - eating - visting and having family over always goes on till the kids go back to school

That is why I am starting my diet on the 7th
I have promised myself I am going to be really good too

If you want to join me then feel free if not then just a bit of support would be nice

Watch this space

Angel xxx

Dear angel
I will give you all the support you need but like your house mine is full of choc too!!!!!!!!!. So good luck and i will walk more for you!(and to get rid of the quality street ive eaten over the last 2 weeks!!!)
Rascal :)

Trouble
30-12-2007, 09:53 PM
I want to lose 3 stone to Nat,

I want to have done it by June 1st.

Im also considering joining the gym but I need to be driving first so I can get there in the short amounts of free time I get.

How does everyone feel about this......

Obviously our last attempts didnt work too well for everyone.

What about if we all tried a different diet??

I've actually been considering the atkins..... I hated it last time but it did work, I just had to stop it because of how awful I was feeling on it. But might try it again.

There is loads to chose from, might make it a bit more intersesting if we all picked a diet and did a weekly update of weight loss, how we are feeling etc... we dont have to all have a different diet, you pick the one you like.

I know aswell some would just rather do healthy eating but I do find the bad things are easier to slip in when you arent following some sort of guidance.

Just a thought ladies.

What do you all think?

Diets:

Slimming world
Weight Watchers
Atkins
Rosmary Connely
GI
Cabbage soup (:laughing: )
1000 Calorie

or anymore you can think of

xxxxxxxxx

I have never been bothered with diets, i like choc to much but it doesnt mean i dont need to. The best exercise to move weight and just eat normally with smaller portions is BOXFIT and walk more (escpecially up hill) i hate walking and i live in the lakes but the weight just falls off and stays off, just try that before you spend money on diet clubs give it one month and if it doesnt work them go.Not being bossy just thought it might help.:)

Rascal

manjay
30-12-2007, 10:25 PM
A 7 day boat trip around the Med apparently. So warm weather means more flesh on show!!! Sue x

Ohhh my Mum is going on a cruise around the med in May! Hope for your sake it is not the same one as you!! Haha

Amanda xx

angeldelight
30-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Now that would be funny

xxx

Niecynoo
31-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Well ladies i may be joining you if I can get the motivation... will aim for the 7th. I think i'm going to cut out all crap and eat set meals (healthy ) I joined a gym but only went for 3 months so won't bother with that just do more walking and use the Wii lol the boxing on that is fun and tiring lol xxx

charleyfarley
31-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Today is my last day of eating rubbish

I start diet tomorrow and need to lose a stone by the 19 Jan, do you think that's possible?:laughing:

I'll worry about the other 2 stone afterwards.

Good luck to everyone

Lucky devil going on a cruise

Carol xx

angeldelight
31-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Good luck Carol I am starting next week

Do not aim to high though just be happy to lose weight every week

A stone the first month is ok but after that expect it to slow down

Good luck

Angel xx

Banana
31-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Im going to do some research into the atkins again and then think i'll do that.

Sue - what more motivation could you ask for than a Cruise!!! How wonderful!!

Im looking forward to getting started, I will join you all on the 7th!!

xxxxxxxxx

Minnie Minx
31-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Lana don't do the atkins it's horrid. Try the Dax Moy diet www.daxmoy-pts.co.uk/9daylgn.htm (http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7NTWp&m=9IO81QFy0XRr5&b=HMA46FWqe1RTqj0xcZ9euw) and here's a huge thread about it from netmums http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/showthread.php?t=61122

LouM did it and lost a lot of weight

xxx

snowqueen
31-12-2007, 01:25 PM
I will join you all..im starting mine tonight..im heading off to london and going to be dancing all my xmas food off for 10 hours of solid dancing hopefully, and i hope to shed a few lbs offf by 6am;)

angeldelight
31-12-2007, 01:27 PM
That sounds like fun have a good time and good luck with the diet

We will be doing a weekly check to see how everyone is doing each week

Angel xx

oakie dokie
31-12-2007, 06:31 PM
count me in, i have been saying " i cannot be forty and fat" im 42 now and still fat. i have no choice about the 40 but i do about being fat. its the hardest thing i have ever had to do.

angeldelight
31-12-2007, 06:37 PM
I know just what you mean Hazel

Every time I diet I have a " reason" its never enough to make me stick to it for good though

Good luck to us all

Angel xx

carolinel
31-12-2007, 06:37 PM
I cannot believe how much weight I have put on these last couple of months. I swear it must be about 2 stone.:mad:

I don't know whether to rejoin sw on the 3rd Jan (still lots of nice foods around) or 10th.

I feel so uncomfortable, and wish it was a pyjama party i was going to tonight!!

angeldelight
31-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Caroline I know what you mean and i am sorry if you think you are overweight because I do think you looked fine when we met - i would be more than happy if I looked the way you did and I MEAN IT

We have lots of goodies left too that is why i am starting a week today

Enjoy yourself later Caroline and remember you look lovely

Angel xx

manjay
31-12-2007, 10:53 PM
I am going to start next week as I cannot face doing a proper food shop while the shops are so busy. My body is telling me it needs to start tomorrow as i feel so bloated for all the rich food but it will have to wait!!

I am going to aim for 1 1/2 - 2 stone but try not to put as much pressure on myself as I usually do. I would like to look half way decent for a beach holiday in July and then really decent for a nice exotic holiday next feb so I reckon that is quite doable (is that a word?)

Amanda xx

angeldelight
02-01-2008, 10:19 PM
I know some of you have started your diets and hope you are all doing ok

Hope the rest of you are getting ready for Monday

Angel xxx

manjay
02-01-2008, 11:12 PM
I know some of you have started your diets and hope you are all doing ok

Hope the rest of you are getting ready for Monday

Angel xxx

Think I may start mine tomorrow! I have a hospital appointment where I get weighed so think that may be a good starting point. What doe you think?

amanda xx

charleyfarley
02-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Think I may start mine tomorrow! I have a hospital appointment where I get weighed so think that may be a good starting point. What doe you think?

amanda xx

Good luck with the hospital appointment.

As you are being weighed anyway you could start now.

Carol xx

manjay
02-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Good luck with the hospital appointment.

As you are being weighed anyway you could start now.

Carol xx

Well maybe not just now as I am eating a piece of Christmas cake but maybe tomorrow!

amanda xx

charleyfarley
02-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Well maybe not just now as I am eating a piece of Christmas cake but maybe tomorrow!

amanda xx

Yeh I was going to have xmas cake tonight ( not even started yet)
but I didn't dare as I started diet yesterday.

My mouths watering now.

Carol xx

angeldelight
02-01-2008, 11:33 PM
you could have some and join us on monday instead ha

angel xx

Minnie Minx
02-01-2008, 11:44 PM
amanda start the diet on monday, midweek is the worst time to start (good excuse the continue eating the remaining chocs and cake ;) )

xxx

angeldelight
02-01-2008, 11:46 PM
does that mean you are now joining us on monday theresa?

xx

Minnie Minx
02-01-2008, 11:51 PM
oh no that was for amanda, i'm still on mine lol, except i'm drinking a can of pepsi (for the shock, i needed sugar and caffiene pmsl)

xxx

angeldelight
02-01-2008, 11:54 PM
yeah yeah

I might PRETEND to see a butterfly next week and say crikey I need a box of chocs now to calm me down ha

xxx

Minnie Minx
03-01-2008, 12:03 AM
hahahahha no really i did need it, i use food as a comfort thing and i really needed comforting and as i don't have any chocolate in the flat pepsi was the next best thing (water wouldn't have done the job lol)

xxx

manjay
03-01-2008, 12:15 AM
amanda start the diet on monday, midweek is the worst time to start (good excuse the continue eating the remaining chocs and cake ;) )

xxx

ahh but my SW class was always on a Thursday so I can't use that as an excuse!

amanda xx

LittleMissSparkles
03-01-2008, 11:17 AM
just wanted to say good luck to everyone who is trying to loose weight at the moment, I have managed to put on some weight over christmas was just over 8 half stone and am now 9.1 and feel so much better for it, good luck ladies xxxx

angeldelight
03-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Well done Susan that is good news

Angel xx

Minnie Minx
03-01-2008, 11:35 AM
well done susan, that is brill news :clapping: i'm really proud of you as you've also gone into the new year a non smoker :)

xxx

LittleMissSparkles
03-01-2008, 11:38 AM
the tricky but for me is keeping it on xxx