PDA

View Full Version : refund in 4 week settling in period?

jadavi
10-01-2012, 09:19 PM
I was wondering what people do if they have to terminate a contract (or if the mindee's family do) during the settling in period. I know there is no notice period needed and it can take effect immediately...but is it fair to with hold the rest of the 4 weeks money?

Say if it was for a reason that no one could've guessed and it was no one's fault?

I haven't got a specific example but I'm feeling uncomfortable with the idea that the fee is non refundable...should this ever happen.

miffy
10-01-2012, 09:24 PM
I only say the deposit is non-refundable if the place isn't taken up.

If I had to terminate the contract in the settling in period then I would expect to refund the fees for the time unused.

Miffy xx

jadavi
10-01-2012, 09:37 PM
O great - that's what I'd like to do.

I just noticed ion some people's website they say the fee is non refundable.

jane5
10-01-2012, 09:50 PM
I have recently had to think about this as I terminated a contract in the settling in period.

I take a 4 week deposit that is used at the end of the contract and a months payment in advance. As I wanted to terminate I refunded the deposit and only charged for the hours used and refunded the rest of the months fees.

I did think about what would happen if they terminated the contract in the settling in period and was concerned that I could potentially lose the 4 week deposit if the parents changed their minds and decided that granny could look after lo. I could have held that space for a month or so and would end up with nothing

So now I have it written in to my contract that the deposit is non-refundable if they cancel in the settling in period but I will refund it if I cancel.

muffins
10-01-2012, 09:52 PM
O great - that's what I'd like to do.

I just noticed ion some people's website they say the fee is non refundable.

Your Term & Conditions also policies are your own, you do what you like not what others do!:thumbsup:

jadavi
10-01-2012, 09:58 PM
what if its not their fault tho...say there was an irreconcileable clash between her and another mindee of yours?

Wendybird
11-01-2012, 09:35 AM
I think in that instance you could make a judgement and do what you felt was right. The contract is there to protect you both and I would have it written that it was non-refundable if terminated by them (if that's what you want). I'm sure no one would complain if you decided to give them the money back even though the contract says it's non-refundable!

AliceK
11-01-2012, 09:47 AM
If a parent has paid 4 weeks up front and then say you or parent ended the contract after 2 weeks I would refund the other 2 weeks they had paid for.
If it was a deposit though as opposed to the fees then I'm not sure. If I take a deposit to hold a space I use it towards the first months fees anyway.

xxxxx

~Chelle~
11-01-2012, 09:55 AM
I have recently had to think about this as I terminated a contract in the settling in period.

I take a 4 week deposit that is used at the end of the contract and a months payment in advance. As I wanted to terminate I refunded the deposit and only charged for the hours used and refunded the rest of the months fees.

I did think about what would happen if they terminated the contract in the settling in period and was concerned that I could potentially lose the 4 week deposit if the parents changed their minds and decided that granny could look after lo. I could have held that space for a month or so and would end up with nothing

So now I have it written in to my contract that the deposit is non-refundable if they cancel in the settling in period but I will refund it if I cancel.

:thumbsup: