PDA

View Full Version : Vistaprint Magnetic car adverts

marnieb
10-01-2012, 11:03 AM
does anyone have any of these? My cleaner has just got them, and they look really good ( and I like the idea that you can take them on and off ).

Worth getting??

sarahjane
10-01-2012, 11:07 AM
I use them although they haven't generated any business they do get my name out there!

charleyfarley
10-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Yep well worth getting especially when they are free and you only pay for P&P. I have them and people always look at them. All advertising is good :thumbsup:

Carol xx

EmmaReed84
10-01-2012, 11:55 AM
My friend had and she put on hers "google (business name)" so people didn't have to try to remember a website or write a number down and as it is on a car I find people look but dont really remember the details.

Perhaps you could put some leaflets some where and put something like "leaflet x location" something that makes it easy for people to remember HOW to contact you

Does that make sense lol?

Wendybird
10-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Be careful though, I have them and they seem to be fading my paintwork slightly (or my car is just so dirty around them - ha)! I've taken them off as I'm full at the moment and am waiting to see what happens to the paint. People do look at them and I just have my website and my tag line on them.

Pauline
10-01-2012, 12:34 PM
If you do get one Marnie don't forget to use the forum link to order through Vista Print, all proceeds go back into Forum running costs which are higher now we have had to move to the new server :thumbsup:

http://www.childmindingforum.co.uk/helptheforum.html

SamBaker
10-01-2012, 12:46 PM
I have them, got the free one and |I love them! I have had lots of business and recognition from them and where I get my car cleaned even take them off and give them a polish!! I highly recommend them especially for the price, think I might even look into investing in the larger ones. One problem I had on my last car was that some one nicked my last plate??? :eek: No idea why lol!!

samkeddy
10-01-2012, 01:01 PM
i got them:)
then found my car is fiberglass or something not magnetic lol so dont stick:(
silly me!! :blush:

cherry
10-01-2012, 01:12 PM
I've got one and I also got the larger sign (not magnectic) to put on my driveway gates and I certainly got business from them :thumbsup:

marnieb
10-01-2012, 01:24 PM
If you do get one Marnie don't forget to use the forum link to order through Vista Print, all proceeds go back into Forum running costs which are higher now we have had to move to the new server :thumbsup:

http://www.childmindingforum.co.uk/helptheforum.html

yes boss!!! ;)

Pauline
10-01-2012, 02:07 PM
yes boss!!! ;)

Thank yooooo :D

lorimac
10-01-2012, 06:40 PM
I used to have these on my car but they completely ruined the paint work. The magnet allegedly attract all the metallic out of the paint they sit on if you dont remove them all the time. It leaves a dull stain. My nice shiny black car is not even 1 year old and needing the front bonnet and side door resprayed, I would never use them again.... Although afterwards I found out there was a warning somewhere that told you not to leave for long periods or in direct sunlight.....too late for me but take heed.....
It now sticks to my wrought iron gate facing the road so still getting some use from it..

Beetlejuice
10-01-2012, 08:52 PM
I've been using them and it got me work :thumbsup: I'm going to remove them now though as I'm as full as I want to be and I don't want to trash the paintwork.

stardust
10-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Be careful though, I have them and they seem to be fading my paintwork slightly (or my car is just so dirty around them - ha)! I've taken them off as I'm full at the moment and am waiting to see what happens to the paint. People do look at them and I just have my website and my tag line on them.

They faded mine as well so its not just your's hun x Its something to do with water getting underneath and the matalic pigment in the car paint fading x

jadavi
10-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Well my first one blew off the first day!!! I got another for free (they are very good - vistaprint) but I dont think it generates work (for me)_ and I dont bother now....
Amazingly nothing has worked except childcare.uk. If it wasn't for them swear to god I would have not a client! I live in a small town and have used adverts, posters, newspaper articles, leaflet drop(x 100!) offering 2 hours free over the xmas period for shopping, business cards everywhere etc etc. but nada..... childcare.uk on the other hand has got me 10 brilliant clients in 3 months!!!!!
I think I seem to be lucky and no one else chases them in my area when they post on childcare.uk and I seem to get all of them....
hope I dont jinx it now!!!