PDA

View Full Version : very parttime care and obs

auntym
10-01-2012, 09:33 AM
just a general question.
i am starting to.care for a 3yr old....from 3till 6pm...cause mum runs the school group..but as you can imagine i.have school run at 305 and get back at 330...then its
a little free play before sorting tea and by the time that's done and.eaten its literally 530..leaving me 30 mins which we all do tidy up.time and getting ready.for.parents.....does anyone else have this and how do you fit
observations in or as she's here such a short time will they allow a little less at ofsted ?

blue bear
10-01-2012, 09:43 AM
You need to observe and plan to the eyfs but obviously it's going to be proportionate to the amount of time you have lo. So my full timer who I have had 1 year has two lj's but lo who comes 5 hours a week but I have had three years is still on first lj.

JCrakers
10-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Its really hard..I have this probelm too. I have a 3.5yr old 3-6pm two days a week and an after schoolie, 4.5yrs who only comes on a weds 3.15-6pm.
Just very basic minimal stuff is all I manage as I have 6 EY children

mama2three
10-01-2012, 01:21 PM
The obs can be something routine - you can get as much information from observing him at mealtime or tidy time for example - you dont need to go overboard and plan seperate activities to observe as such. Then you might decide he needs better spoon/fork skills so next steps would be to add forks and spoons into playdough , sand , whatever you would have out for afterschool anyway. or ask him to tidy away all the red / blue whatever toys to help with colour recognition. It all depends on his stage. keep it simple , !

watgem
10-01-2012, 01:24 PM
I've just taken on a little one for 1 1/2 hours per week, so was wondering the same thing, I did think about doing a scrap book, and linking photos etc to eyfs, do you think that would be enough?

sarah707
10-01-2012, 06:19 PM
You need to do some type of initial obs to note starting points... then something like a scrap book with photos and copies of the child's drawings, models etc.

Make occasional notes about group planning the child is involved in to bulk it out.

Where possible you will need to work with other settings (if relevant) as well.

Hth :D