PDA

View Full Version : dd starts school September when can i fill her place?

candy cat
09-01-2012, 07:44 PM
DD starts school in September aged 4 years 4 months.......can I fill place from September ....hearing conflicting views

Chimps Childminding
09-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Yes once she is there FULL TIME ie not doing half days etc. She has to be attending 10 sessions a week, in other words all day 5 days a week!! HTH!

candy cat
09-01-2012, 07:47 PM
thanks thats what I thought:)

winstonian
09-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Ofsted cant amend your certificate until she has started either e.g if she starts 9thSept thats when you can call Ofsted. My dd started Sept this year

Mouse
09-01-2012, 08:27 PM
You will have to get your certificate amended to show an increase in numbers. You can't just assume an increase when she starts school.

samb
09-01-2012, 09:37 PM
My ds does too - he will be 4yrs and 2 months and he just seems so little! I know this isn't why you started the thread at all but he just seems too young to me! My dd's bday is Sept and she was very grown up for her age - very advanced language and was dressing herself for at least 2 years on her own before going to school etc. When i think of ds starting school I just can't believe it. Silly things like he is still in the 9month-4 yrs car seat and as he is quite small and not 4 til end of June he will only just be going into the high back booster then etc. :(

Anyway, all the above advice is spot on. :thumbsup: