PDA

View Full Version : buggy pod

mammumof4
09-01-2012, 06:08 PM
anyone got one? are they anygood? :)

Playmate
09-01-2012, 06:18 PM
I did have one, but personally didn't get on with it so sold it on, but I know others who liked them. Sorry not much help.

mammumof4
09-01-2012, 06:22 PM
what didnt you like about it? was it hard to push?

funemnx
09-01-2012, 06:32 PM
I have one and used it several times a week last year when I had 3 lo's who either weren't walking or too young to walk to school and back. I found it helped as I didn't need to fork out for a triple buggy and don't use it at all now that they are all a year older. I've kept it in case I need it again. I didn't have too much trouble pushing the in-line double with the pod attached to the side and would use it again if I needed too. It cost about £80 which is a lot less than a triple buggy.

blue bear
09-01-2012, 07:15 PM
I've got one andlione it, use it on phil and ted. Combined weight of all children makes it heavy so I don't use it much now (all over 2years so take turns walking) been worth every penny to me

Mouse
09-01-2012, 07:35 PM
I did have one, but it didn't work well with my 3 wheeler tandem. It made it tip a couple of times.

Having said that, I think I would have got on better with it if I'd had a four wheeled tandem. The children were comfortable in it and you just had to watch that if you went up or down pavements, you looked for a dip in the curb.

mammumof4
09-01-2012, 08:47 PM
thank you :) i may consider looking at second hand.
i just dont like the idea of a triple for the sake of a few days a week, for school run mainly so dont want to spend alot.:thumbsup:

Playmate
09-01-2012, 09:07 PM
what didnt you like about it? was it hard to push?

i didn't feel happy pushing up and down kerbs :( I now have a T3 tripple jogger which is a double that has a third toddler seat that sits on top. Its a dream, but was expensive and is big to store.

mammumof4
09-01-2012, 10:26 PM
just won one on ebay, £41 plus £12 postage :D

if i dont like it i will sell it on :)

Carol
10-01-2012, 01:14 PM
I have one and it is easy to store away when not being used. Had a triple side by side and found it too heavy without the kids in it too. Couldnt afford a T3 jogger so buggy pod was a good alternative.

Carol

marnieb
10-01-2012, 01:27 PM
I got one for about £50.00 from eBay last year.

When my dd and mindees were small it was a godsend, the only thing I didnt like about it was going up and down kerbs, but you soon get used to it.

But now all my mindees and dd are round about 2-3 yrs old, and it is a nightmare to use with them in it so I make them walk everywhere, meanie that I am!

But i have no intention of getting rid of it as I am sure I will use it again in the future!!

mammumof4
10-01-2012, 02:29 PM
thanks guys, will see how i get on with it. think i will only use it for short trips to school. park and shop :)