PDA

View Full Version : Do you include nappies?

greenfields
09-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Inspired by a thread I've read here today, and a childcare website I noticed yesterday, do you include nappies as part of your childminding service? If so, do you charge extra for this? Would parents want to use their own nappies?

The website I noticed stated they use a well known brand of disposable nappies but their fees were quite high for this area.

kellib
09-01-2012, 05:09 PM
I ask parents to provide nappies, baby wipes, nappy cream etc.

AliceK
09-01-2012, 05:12 PM
My prices are all inclusive so everything is provided including nappies. I use mainly Huggies but if a parent wanted anything else they would have to supply them.
I was inspired to do this by my DS's childminder when he was a baby, all I had to remember to take to her was him.

xxxx

breezy
09-01-2012, 05:14 PM
No parents supply them here :)

danasdaycare
09-01-2012, 05:16 PM
I supply baby wipes, though tbh parents usually put in bag anyway alongwith nappies.

snufflepuff
09-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Nappies are supplied by parents. I used to ask for wipes too but a few of them just never remembered to bring any (knowing that I would of course have plenty here for my own son) and I ended up using my own.

I'd find it a pain in the bum buying different brands and different sizes for everyone! Most parents buy a big pack and leave them here so they don't need to think about it every day- I just let them know when they are running low.
Plus nappies are very expensive, especially branded ones, so my fee would have to go up a fair bit to allow for this.

loocyloo
09-01-2012, 05:25 PM
most of my parents send me a big bag of nappies, along with a couple of packets of wipes and wehn they are running low, i ask for more! a couple just send some in the bag along with wipes ( and i have taken a couple out and put them in childs drawer, so i am covered should they 'forget' )

i use my own wipes, bibs, cups etc.

the only other thing i ask parents to provide is baby milk powder and bottles.

QualityCare
09-01-2012, 05:31 PM
I ask parents to provide nappies they leave a bag and when low l ask for more, most bring wipes and nappy bags when their child first starts, as we use a lot of wipes l buy some when on offer and every so often ask parents to bring a pack, have been thinking of asking parents to supply a box of tissues occasionally most nurseries around here do this.

miffy
09-01-2012, 05:37 PM
I ask parents to provide nappies, wipes, nappy sacks and cream.

Miffy xx

ajs
09-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Nappies are supplied by parents. I used to ask for wipes too but a few of them just never remembered to bring any (knowing that I would of course have plenty here for my own son) and I ended up using my own.

I'd find it a pain in the bum buying different brands and different sizes for everyone! Most parents buy a big pack and leave them here so they don't need to think about it every day- I just let them know when they are running low.
Plus nappies are very expensive, especially branded ones, so my fee would have to go up a fair bit to allow for this.

Same here, i am happy to supply wipes but not nappies they are too expensive

onceinabluemoon
09-01-2012, 06:18 PM
I supply everything but the child. :) But use cloth nappies not disposables so after the initial outlay it costs me nothing.

greenfields
09-01-2012, 06:19 PM
They are expensive, particularly the larger nappies... I was thinking of reusable nappies but then I would be washing and drying. Perhaps I should see how it goes and how busy I am without doing washing for nappies! It's interesting to read what others do. :)

mammumof4
09-01-2012, 06:34 PM
parents supply here. havent got time to shop for different sized nappies :panic:
they just come in changing bag daily along with wipes travel changing mat and any lotions they use :)

samb
09-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Parents supply here too. I have 2 in nappies at the moment - 1 brings a pack and leaves them here and i let them know when I have only enough left for that week and the other brings a changing bag stocked up every day - I prefer the 2nd as I don't have to store however it is nice to know they are here.

No parent so far has ever questioned this - the nurseries in the area don't so I guess they don't expect it.

Tealady
09-01-2012, 09:57 PM
I would be one of those parents who would always forget something. I have to work very hard at being organised. I wouldn't want the stress of having a similar person as a client. I therefore provide everything. I do state which nappies I will provide (Nature Baby or Sainsbury's Eco Little Ones) so if a parent wanted another brand they would have to provide them (without a reduction in fees)

However I Mind in the South East so our fees are a bit more than a fair few I see on the forum; so the cost of nappies takes out a smaller portion of my income than it would in other areas. If I was earning £3.50 an hour I may think twice or charge more as I'm sure there are parents who would pay the fees for the removal of the hassle factor.

TooEarlyForGin?
10-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Same as many, I supply wipes, but not nappies, I couldn't afford to provide different sized nappies for different children. Parents bring a large pack and I let them know when I am low. I do keep some really cheap ones for emergencies.

Toothfairy
10-01-2012, 09:25 AM
My families provide;

Nappies
Wipes (although I always have some myself too)
Nappy Cream
Nappy bags
Powdered baby milk
Sun block
Packed lunch/weaning foods
Spare clothes etc

They give them to me in batches and I just tell them when I am running low, that way they don't have to try to remember to bring them each day.

nell57
10-01-2012, 09:35 AM
I am the same as some others , parents provide nappies and I supply wipes, although my current parents are putting wipes in there bags at the moment.

rickysmiths
10-01-2012, 09:41 AM

This is what I do. I have a big cupboard so I am lucky, but prior to that I kept them in a big plastic box in the garage and just brought in what i needed on a daily basis.

The only other thing I ask for is baby milk powder. I provide everything else.

marnieb
10-01-2012, 09:42 AM
I get parents to leave a packet, then I tell them when its running low. All but 2 of my mindees are in nappies, no way would I pay for their nappies every week! The only other thing they have to supply is baby milk, I do everything else as I just find it easier.

PixiePetal
10-01-2012, 10:07 AM
I don't supply nappies or formula milk - everything else is in my fees.

Parents supply a bag of nappies and I tell them when they are getting low but keep a spare bag of cheap ones just in case :rolleyes:

wipes I provide can be whatever is on offer so if parents are wanting a particular brand I say bring them - no one has done yet!

ziggy
10-01-2012, 10:12 AM
i dont supply nappies, far too expensive!!! One of mine leaves pack here and i let mummy know when we're getting low. Other mindee brings change bag every day with good supply of wipes, nappies, bags, creams etc

Tippy Toes
10-01-2012, 10:21 AM
I dont supply nappies or wet wipes. Its suprising how much extra this would cost for each child as they go through so many.

I also dont have to worry about which brand they want as they supply what they want.

amanda1309
10-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Parents supply nappies all 4 of my mindees are in nappies I wouldn't get anything else in my trolley if I bought them :laughing:

I always have loads in but if the pile is running low I would buy a packet of supermarket own brand to keep us going until parents topped up the stocks.

Wendybird
10-01-2012, 01:41 PM
I use cloth for my own kids, so run a nappy service. I charge £1.50 a day for the cloth nappy (and wipes) service and all but one of my parents use it. I have to wash anyway, so may as well. I use certain nappies for certain kids, so thay all have their own stash and send them home in an eco disposable. I have one parent who supplies her own - nappies, wipes and bags. I wasn't sure why as £1.50 seems about the same cost as the disposables, until the child's first day and mum only brought 3 nappies for 9.5 hours! I change them more frequently than that. I prefer them to use mine as I am terrible for remembering to let someone know they are running low, reminding again, etc.