PDA

View Full Version : Can I chuck 2011 daily diary??

Lems
08-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Do I have to hold on to it? It contains nothing that isn't duplicated else where, basically jus lists attendance (times and parents signature in 'proper' attendance file) and sleep/feeding/nappy changes? All that have been told to parents on collection. And if RA have been completed with without problems??
Started new 2012 diary, but have inspection next week will ofsted want to see last years??
Thanks x

mrs robbie williams
09-01-2012, 06:47 AM
think you need to keep it - i wouldnt throw it away. Hopefully someone else with more experience will be along shortly xx

boxtree7
09-01-2012, 07:29 AM
I think you would need to keep the attendence side of it

miffy
09-01-2012, 07:31 AM
I would keep it at least until after your inspection - although the information is duplicated elsewhere, you have it altogether in your diary (easy for inspector to see without looking through other paperwork) and it is evidence of what you do/how you work.

Good luck with your inspection

Miffy xx

EmmaReed84
09-01-2012, 07:36 AM
I would "archive" it for at least 2 years. Document exactly where it is, what it contains so if for whatever reason you may need it again you know where it is

sarah707
09-01-2012, 08:09 AM
I agree with the others - it is evidence of ongoing improvement if it has info about RA changes.

I would say keep it until at least after your next inspection :D

rickysmiths
09-01-2012, 08:18 AM
I agree with the others. Attendance records should be kept with other records of the child for at least until the child is 21 years old so if an allegation is made against you you can prove when or not the child has been with you. This is why I have always used the NCMA Attendance register, and get parents to sign it.

It has paid dividends in the last few weeks when a parent made a complaint to Ofsted and because I could produce a signed copy of the child's register it proved the parent had been informed about something they said they had not been told about.

It is put away each year with my accounts and any records of children who have left.