PDA

View Full Version : First day

littlesprogs
20-05-2008, 02:05 PM
well it was my first day minding today. Had little boy whos 3 in August. He arrived at 9 this morning since then we have baked cakes (that i burnt coz we got busy watching shrek 3 lol). He's played with the train set twice done a puzzle of superman, been to the park, played on his vtech computer been in the garden, chased my cats round all day and now he's finally fell asleep on the sofa bless him! His mum should be here in half hour to pick him up! He only cried for 2 mins once his mum had left and she thought he'd be alot worse so i think i've been quite lucky.

Whats everyone else done today?

sarah707
20-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Sounds like you've had fun and been busy!

We've been outside getting messy and muddy most of the afternoon :D

emler
20-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Glad to hear you've had a good first day :thumbsup:

Emler x

angeldelight
20-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Well done Louise for having a good first day - I hope it continues

We have been in the garden most of the day because we have had lovely weather

Angel xx

mum22
20-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Glad you had a lovely day, we walked to play group, had a swing and slide in play park on way home - then this afternoon we planted some seeds - and watered them - quite a bit !!

x helen

hbomb1
20-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Well done on getting through your first day - hope it continues :D

I am minding a boy who will be two in August (afternoon only) and every day since he started (last Tuesday) he has cried, however today I decided to take them (my DD is same age) for a walk and within 15 minutes they were both fast asleep. Needless to say I have had a lovely afternoon :laughing:

fionamal
20-05-2008, 03:31 PM
So glad its went well today.

Take care and dont overdo things

katickles
20-05-2008, 03:42 PM
:clapping: Yeah well done on your first day!

I only had my mindee this morning. We took a walk into the village with a shopping list (milk & bread) he found them in the shop & helped pay the lady. We then went onto the fruit & Veg shop where he choose his fruit for after lunch. We called at the park, lunch & then he was collected.

I love Tuesdays as i get the afternoon to spend with my lo. When she got up from her lunch time nap we took a quick trip to Next as she badly needed some new jeans - treat day today :)

crazybones
20-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Sounds like you have had a great day. Hope you can put your feet up and chill tonight.:D

SimplyLucy
20-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Glad you've had a good first day.

This morning myself, mindee and DS went to the next town to get DS's glasses repaired (again!), then we went to Tesco where we bought fruit. Came home and made yummy fruit kebabs!

Tuesday afternoon I get a few hours off (child free!) then I go and run the local Rainbow pack.........I must be mad!:p

Mollymop
20-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Glad you have had a brilliant first day!!!

Had my mindee from 12 and then we had playschool run, then lunch which is difficult at the moment as she won't try anything new - all she seems to want is sausage rolls and cheese, bless her.
Played mainly in the garden, watered my house plants and then final school run. Then back in the garden.

SHe went home at 5.

Great day, except I have a splitting headache.

Hope you have another good day tomorrow

caza
20-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Glad you had a good fist day. Hope things continue to run so smoothly for you :D

Caroline

littlesprogs
20-05-2008, 05:04 PM
I will have an even better day tomorrow sandra because i dont have mindee again until tuesday lol! Today was because she had an induction at work but she doesnt start till next tuesday so i will be having him for 3 days next week.

I'm exhausted now but at least i can sleep in tomorrow. Hubby is cooking tonight too bless him! I think he's abit worried about me tbh he asked me the other day 'if i was sure i was up to it?' Which i am i'm just tired but hopefully that'll mean he'll do more round the house haha

Wendy Woo
20-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Glad ur day was good.
We went to drop in thismorning which is always a laugh the we stayed in the cafe 4 lunch (even betta as i dont have to coook or clean yay) Then it was garden, park, school run, garden and playdoh b4 end at 6pm.
Got a bad head now and v tired to hubby is bringin in tea as i 4got to defrost meat!!!!!!!!!!