PDA

View Full Version : My first mindee starting tomorrow but....

kblake
08-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Hi, as title states I have my first child starting tomorrow. Now I have been known to worry, maybe a little too much, and overthink things. I just want to make sure im doing everythng right. I am going to do a learing journal, with a "about me" seaction in it, write in there the obs, link them up to the areas of learning, put pics of the child in there of them doing activites, put some of their work in there etc....
This might sound really stupid but do I look after her for a few days, see what she is capable of and then do her starting points?
I was planning on using a journal to jot down what we have done each day, note any concerns I may have....
Also how do you plan. I only have her till May, do I plan each month till May, then break it down to each week?
Also When she leaves in May, do I allow her to take her learning journal home? Do I need to keep all my obs on her even after she has left??
Sorry for rambling on:panic:

sarah707
08-01-2012, 06:33 PM
How old is the child? for little ones you normally link planning directly with your observations... for older ones you do that but you can do themed activities as well if you find them helpful and the children enjoy them.

Yes you should wait a few days before writing anything in the LJ so you get to know the child.

When the child leaves they take the LJ away with them. You keep contract, permissions, accident / incident / medication forms, attendance registers etc until the child is 21.

Good luck! I hope lo settles well :D

kblake
08-01-2012, 06:51 PM
She is 4, in pre school.

loocyloo
08-01-2012, 07:40 PM
have lots of fun :D

for the first few days/week i usually provide lots of different toys/craft etc and take lots of photos, so i can see what activities are engaging a new child. i then use these to stick in the LJ under the heading 'my first few days' ... i then write a note of some particular activities child enjoyed and a couple of next steps linked to those and away i go!

xxx

vickie74
13-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Where do I get a LJ from please?? x:clapping: