PDA

View Full Version : All about me paragraph.

jadavi
08-01-2012, 01:58 PM
In an effort to get away from using templates and forms I thought I'd do the All about me page in the PJ as a narrative from the child's perspective. Would you be kind enough if you've time to tell me if i have included enough info as expected by Ofsted?

All About Me (Photo)

I am .... and am 3 years old. I started going to .... in the winter of 2011.
I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers and I am 4th in line. We live near ..... with my mum. We have 4 cats.
I like playing with most things like trains and cars and watching TV, I like ....’s puppet Monkey who makes me laugh. I like .....’s keyboard too. Llove going on computer. I am very good with my little brother and don’t get upset with him.

I go to nursery which I enjoy very much, I go swimming with my mum and love going to the playground.

I eat fishfingers and burgers, raw veg, chips, fruit and mik shakes. I don't really like hot wet foods. I like yoghurts and puddings though.

Any tips much appreciated. Is this enough?

jadavi
08-01-2012, 01:58 PM
haha for PJ please read LJ!!

green puppy
08-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Mine includes what they can currently do ie roll, crawl... for lo's or count to..., know some colours etc... I also have languages spoken at home and how they are comforted, what they dislike.......

jadavi
08-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks for your comments

That is all i have on him. i mentioned a dislike and what he enjoys...it seems unnec to me to say he speaks english at home. i could mention numbers alphabet and colours.

any other thoughts? is it substantial enough do you think?

jadavi
09-01-2012, 05:23 AM
Just posting this again to get other people's opinions?
Cheers

jadavi
09-01-2012, 10:29 PM
last try! Does anyone else use an All about me paragraph in the LJ rather than a form?

Zoomie
09-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Sorry, I don't really get why you have done this.

Has the child just started with you and you are doing a summarative assessment about the child ?

Your paragraph sounds fine, but I don't get the reason for it.

Sorry :)

jadavi
09-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks. As I understand it most propel seem to start their learning journey book with the all about me sheet. I wanted to use a narrative instead and wanted to run it by the forum.... I just need to know really if Ofsted will be ok with it. Mt local coordinator wanted me to buy their special all about me books but I really didn't want to as I had bought enough and I didn't really like them anyway...

Zoomie
09-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Well, then I think it is great.

As has been said, there is no right or wrong way. You just got to do what feels right for you and what works for you.

jadavi
10-01-2012, 07:55 AM
Thanks Zoomie, it just worried me that my do was so set on her All About Me book being used (childminding matters dept) I wondered if Ofsted would have views on it too.

I have written it in his LJ now anyway and she's visiting next week so I'll see what she says.

Cheers